Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

June 19th, 2019 09:00

U2419HC, Google Pixel Slate, USB Type-C no signal

Google Pixel Slate supports DP Alt Mode on USB Type-C, but the new U2419HC doesn't detect the Google Pixel Slate. I've hard reset the Google Pixel Slate and tried different USB Type-C cables from both Dell and Google.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 19th, 2019 09:00

For my Dell notes, click my Dell-name and private message me the U2419HC service tag number.

I do not see the Google Chrome OS on the U2419HC supported Operating system list. On a supported Windows PC with USB Type-C out port, does the U2419HC and provided USB Type-C cable (C to C) function? If yes, then you should post the issue on the Google Chrome OS Forum to see what other users have tried.

2 Posts

June 19th, 2019 11:00

I'll PM the tag # when I get back to the monitor.

C-to-C video works with other systems (e.g., MacBook Pro 2017). 

Google support says they're compliant with the DP Alt Mode spec, and users report C-to-C video working with other monitors.

I'm really not interested in playing multi-vendor finger-pointing.  Will you be opening an issue with whatever engineering group is responsible for U2419HC firmware, or not?  All I want from this conversation is to surface this issue into *both* device engineering support workflows so that it eventually gets resolved.

1 Message

July 16th, 2019 08:00

I'm having this same issue with the U2719DC. Verified the monitor does work with Windows via USB-C but not with the Pixel Slate. 

• 

16.7K Posts

July 16th, 2019 10:00

Awells62,

Unfortunately, I have no information on the Pixel Slate. You may want to contact them for information using the monitor with their product.

No Events found!