Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2017 22:00

U2515H and HDMI 1.4

Hi there,

Is the U2515H able to support full 2560x1440 resolution at 60Hz using the HDMI 1.4 input?

This would be for the following machine:

- Macbook Pro 2016, no touch bar (2 x USB-C ports)

- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640

I've given up trying to find a hub that offers 2 x USB-C ports with support for video/audio output, so that I can connect 2 x U2515H's to the Macbook using 2 x USB-C to DP cables. Most hubs only offer one USB-C port, typically only with support for pass-through charging (some not even with charging support!)

Therefore, the aim is to have:

1st USB-C Macbook port - USB-C to DP cable to first U2515H

2nd USB-C Macbook port - Satechi Type-C multiport adapter - HDMI high speed 1.4 cable to second U2515H (this adapter also has another USB-C with pass-through charging capabilities and 2 x USB 3.0 ports).

I read something that mentioned to support 2560x1440 on HDMI 1.4, then a custom graphics resolution needs to be set on the graphics card. Is this the case in this situation for this graphics card?

I really appreciate any advice I can get - trying to set up 2 external monitors at QHD to a Macbook Pro with only 2 x USB-C ports is an absolute nightmare!

Oliver

• 

17K Posts

July 21st, 2017 08:00

ojamesc,

Is the U2515H able to support full 2560x1440 resolution at 60Hz using the HDMI 1.4 input?

Unknown concerning Apple proprietary operating system and hardware which were not tested/validated by Dell.

You should post on the Apple Support Communities and see if they can offer some insight.

Click the forum link below for possible resolution to the MacBook connection.

Monitor Post

No Events found!