Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2013 19:00

U2711, Overheating problem

Hi, i bought my U2711 yesterday  from amazon and i today i realized the screen and the back side of the monitor is very hot ! Is this a problem ? 

Thank you

-aybars

2K Posts

July 17th, 2013 19:00

Hi aybars,

Dell monitors purchased separately carry a 3 year manufacturer warranty. Request you to turn off the monitor and then turn it back on. If the back side of the monitor still gets very hot do send me the service tag (if available), order number and copy of purchase invoice via private message. I will check and see what can be done.

Also let me know if you have connected the monitor to a desktop or a laptop.

2 Posts

July 17th, 2013 21:00

Hey Kiran,

My monitor is connected to my PC desktop. Is there any technical help i can get from dell ?? Like for example brightness levels were to high around  75 and i lowered it to 29 and overheat is gone. Its still hot but normal hot. All i wanted to know is this a normal issue or not ??

Returning of course an option but if the next one is going to be the same why i spend that time again.

i bought this item via amazon.

thank you

-aybars

2K Posts

July 18th, 2013 04:00

Hi aybars,

Dell monitors getting hot when turned on are normal. However, if it is too hot then there is a concern. If the monitor has any technical issues in future you can post it and we will try to help you. If we are unable to help you then a replacement will be provided (if it has a 3yr manufacturer warranty only).

1 Message

September 21st, 2014 07:00

I had similar problems with my Dell U2711 which I use extensively for developing. The monitor screen went blank. The monitor would power on (blue light|) but no display. The monitor developed the problem 8 months outside of warranty. So I decided to open it up hoping that one of the capacitor had gone; they quite easy to replace if you have soldering gun and cost as little as 30 pence. I figured the cost of outside warranty repair would be the same as buying a new one.

But I noticed that one of the two main cables located inside (just behind where the stand is connected at rear) wasn't in securely. It just behind a metal sliding plat. This has some form of transparent yellow tape over it. Probably to hold it in !!?? I pushed it back in, powered it up...and viola !! It happened again last week after a further 4 months of heavy use...same problem. I believe that the heat builds up and the plastic expands and the connector prises loose. the ambient temp. where I work is quite high...which doesn't help.

No Events found!