Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2013 21:00

U2713HM Ghosting/Overdrive (RTC) issue

It's pretty painful scrolling up and down on webpages, or watching videos.

Example:  http://oi44.tinypic.com/2uji4hd.jpg

Are you guys aware of the issue? Could i get a revision log for this monitor? and is the issue going to be addressed?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 18th, 2013 12:00

JustMad,

What revision is your U2713HM?

Did you run the U2713HM OSD (On Screen Display) Menu, Other Settings- Factory Reset- Reset All Settings?

Can you replicate the issue on all U2713HM ports (DisplayPort, VGA, DVI, HDMI) ?

Are you testing at 2560x1440 60Hz?

To what computer is the monitor connected?

What specific video card?

What specific operating system?

8 Posts

November 18th, 2013 13:00

July A00 2013 is the revision.

I've tried all settings - Srgb through standard.

Yes, It's happens on VGA, DP, and DVI.

It's 2560x1440 60hz.

A 2209WA is connected right next to it with no issues ( same gfx card )

Video Card : Nvidia - EVGA 780.

Windows 7.

The ghosting has a green/purple hue to it and is very apparent when scrolling/browsing ( A purple hue trails behind images and text).  It is noticeable in Games and Videos but not as severe as browsing.

I am in the process of getting a Replacement. I will keep this thread updated.   I'm wondering if the overdrive (too much) is not configured properly on the newest revision / panel that fixed the crosshatching issue.

8 Posts

November 24th, 2013 15:00

I received a replacement. No noticeable ghosting.  I still have a few questions what's the difference between U2713HM and U2713HMt? And what is the revision log?

The issue is fixed.  October 2013 A00 Revision

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 24th, 2013 22:00

There is no difference in model, hardware, or firmware. The lower case "t" is a Dell notation of the factory. The revision notes can no longer be published.

8 Posts

November 24th, 2013 23:00

There is no difference in model, hardware, or firmware. The lower case "t" is a Dell notation of the factory. The revision notes can no longer be published.

I was just wondering.  One of dell's rep said the "t" meant touch screen capable... lol

Thanks Chris for your time, I appreciate it.

8 Posts

November 25th, 2013 00:00

I was just wondering.  One of dell's rep said the "t" meant touch screen capable... lol

Thanks Chris for your time, I appreciate it.

No Events found!