Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

January 4th, 2015 21:00

U2715H Backlight Bleeding

Hello all, I just received my U2715H last week and I'm a little unsure if the amount of backlight bleeding I'm seeing is normal.  Here's a picture of what I'm seeing...

Not sure if this is excessive for this monitor but it seems like a lot.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 5th, 2015 09:00

We do not validate our monitors in a dark room. We validate our monitors in rooms with a minimum of 150 lux which is standard office lighting. Was this purchased directly from Dell? If yes, New or Outlet Refurbished? What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric serial number?

6 Posts

January 5th, 2015 13:00

This was a new monitor purchased directly from Dell.  Would you like me to message you the serial number rather than post it in a public forum?

6 Posts

January 5th, 2015 17:00

Here's a picture in a lit room...

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 6th, 2015 08:00

That is borderline. It may be in manufacturing specifications. Get it replaced. Keep the original there until the replacement comes in and compare them side by side. If they have similar appearance, then it was in specifications. If not, return the original and keep the replacement.

5 Posts

January 11th, 2015 15:00

Funny, I followed that the other day as I have the same monitor with the same problem, and tech support transferred me to Sales, Sales transferred me to Customer Service (aren't they the same?), and then customer service transferred me to Tech Support, and Tech support transferred me to an automated system that hung up on me. I'm now 3 days into this monitor (my first purchase with you), and I've yet to actually find a way to reach anyone about it as your chat support just tells me to call in.

5 Posts

January 11th, 2015 16:00

I have the same problem and have yet to reach anyone, exact same. It has nothing to do with quality control, it has to do with the standards set out by the manufacturer. If it meets some bogus minimalist standard (put in place as to waste as few materials as possible) it passes and they make their $700 off of you hoping you'll just live with it or not notice. Seriously, look at that photo and tell me that's not defective.

6 Posts

January 11th, 2015 19:00

So I returned my U2715H due to some pretty horrific backlight bleeding (pic below)...

I received my replacement monitor, hooked it up, and this is what I get...

Unfortunately my experience with this monitor is that it suffers from some pretty terrible backlight bleeding.  Either that or I just unluckily received two monitors with poor quality control.

1 Message

January 18th, 2015 23:00

Do all Dell U2715H Monitors have backlight bleeding like yours?

I want to buy one this week...

6 Posts

January 20th, 2015 08:00

Can't speak about others, but I'm 0 for 2 with these monitors.

21 Posts

February 1st, 2015 15:00

How do you go about setting up the monitor to check for back light bleed?  It

6 Posts

February 2nd, 2015 15:00

Go to a webpage with an all black background and put it in full screen mode, or change your input to one that's not connected (for example, if you're using microDP switch to DP).

No Events found!