Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2016 03:00

U2715H, Backlight bleed

Hi!

Is this amount of backlight bleed normal for a Dell U2715H Monitor?

It makes working with color sensitive work almost impossible.

Added is picture taken in dark and in daylight. As you can see, te backlight bleed is visible even in daylight.

Also videos taken in the evening and during the day:

https://youtu.be/988WH_8J3bU

https://youtu.be/k2msXowYebE

Thank you for your answer!

4 Posts

August 23rd, 2016 06:00

Brightness was set to 50 and what do you mean with no light? First picture and video is taken, you can say, with no light.

I can take new pictures after monitor has been on for 30 minutes and see if that makes any difference.

16 Posts

August 23rd, 2016 06:00

Nottice that you have to take the photo 30 minutes after the monitor is on, with no light, and very important set Brightness to 50

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 23rd, 2016 21:00

Rikus78 was correct in stating that you must leave the monitor on for at least 30 minutes before taking a picture of it. We do not validate our monitors in a dark room. We validate our monitors in rooms with a minimum of 150 lux which is standard office lighting. Based on the picture taken in the day, that monitor does fall within our manufacturer specifications for backlight uniformity.

4 Posts

August 24th, 2016 04:00

Sorry to hear that from now I shouldn't work in the evenings. Although the top left bleed is also clearly visible in the day picture. Maybe Dell should review their manufacturer specifications.

Took new pictures after monitor was on at least 30 mintues. One in the dark room and another one in the daylight. Didn't see any difference from earlier pictures.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 24th, 2016 07:00

Time of day is not the point. My point was that our manufacturer testing and validation is done in a room using standard office lighting. Any monitor in a dark room will visually exaggerate backlight differences.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 24th, 2016 08:00

Understood. Keep in mind, you only have up to 30 days from the purchase date to decide to keep it or return it for refund.

4 Posts

August 24th, 2016 08:00

Thank you for the clarification. Still, the backlight differences are seen even in daylight and if my office has standard lighting then also in standard lighting.

Sure that any monitor in dark room will exaggerate backlight differences, but my wish was, that there wouldn't be any to exaggerate (as with my old dell monitor).

I guess lesson learned for me then.

No Events found!