Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2016 14:00

U2715H, videos are dark, disable Dynamic Contrast in the OSD

When watching a film on my U2715H, when there is a very dark scene, the backlight seems to reduce meaning any lighter parts of the screen are become hard to see. When the ambient light increases, suddenly those lighter parts are much easier to see. I assume there is some kind of automatic adjustment feature possibly to make blacks look more black, but when watching a film it's annoying. Is there any way to switch this auto-adjust off, at least during media playback?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 29th, 2016 16:00

Thank you for your message. How long have you been having this issue?

Try to keep off any direct light hitting the screen & change the viewing angle of the monitor, this normally fixes most of the dark screen issues.

Change the color setting in the graphic properties on your computer.

Try to reset the monitor to factory settings & check if the issue persist, try changing the color & contrast schemes on the monitor.

3 Posts

November 30th, 2016 03:00

This isn't about viewing angles or contrast, in normal operation it's fine. I've compared it with an LCD monitor - it seems that in scenes with very low lighting, the monitor reduces the backlight to make it look very dark, so it's hard to see details that are visible on an LCD screen. I guess this is just a feature of this kind of monitor which is not really intended for watching media.

1 Message

May 24th, 2017 06:00

Hi, Sorry to resurrect an old thread, did you ever find an acceptable solution to this? As well as video playback I've also found it very distracting when playing games such as The Witcher 3 - when you go into one of the Inventory or character screens for example the monitor auto adjusts and goes really dark, most annoying. Did you find a way to turn it off or make it less noticeable?

9 Posts

May 26th, 2017 15:00

This sounds like 'dynamic contrast', it's automatically enabled in certain colour preset modes.

It can be enabled or disabled under the 'display' menu in the OSD.

No Events found!