Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 5th, 2013 03:00

U2913WM backlight bleeding

Hello,

Ive got myself one of theese "affordable" ultra wide gems. They have really nice colors, sharpness, user friendliness etc.  But until you got something really dark at night on them =C .

Short backstory: Ive bough one week ago, and found out that after warmup (say 2hours), anoying backlight bleed shows up in bottom right corner next to buttons. Ive called Dell Support got myself replacement, they've send courier with new one, and NEXT DAY same courier picks up old one.

Left monitor is NEW REPLACEMENT, right is week "old" I've bought.

http://postimg.org/gallery/dpxp93e/91f1a32f/

Appart minor backlight bleed all around them (technology yea), they both have wierd "feature" of the backlight bleed next to buttons (bottom right), that is only gonna show up after proper warm up! And the left one (replacement) is slightly visible even in desktop work like dark-VisualStudio etc.
To comment my pictures, its hard to take realistic photos, IPS glow really take in the way here, I've tryed my best with Nokia N8. However you will see it in dark movies/games at night. IMHO both bottom bleeds are caused by bottom ledge, preasuring display slightly inwards. It kinda spoils otherwise nice monitors. And yea having them both next to yeach other even for one evening makes you immunne against doubt if you choosed "too wide" one, its awesome.
So my question is what do you think ? Am I being whiney?

TLDR: Left one replacement, right "week old" one. What do you think?

edit: Link

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 5th, 2013 06:00

g0r4k,

We do not test/measure our monitors in a dark room. We use standard office lighting. But, based on the pictures, it is within our manufacturer specifications for backlight variance.

No Events found!