Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2014 13:00

U3011 - Some marks appearing from under the screen and problem with backlight. What is that?

DELL U3011 REV AQ4 Connected by mDP - DP to ThinkPad T430 running Windows 7.

Today I did run LCD Conditioning as I was thinking my monitor is having a problems with backlight. Then when black background came I did spotted some strange marks on the bottom of my screen. They look somehow appearing from behind the screen. When I apply some pressure with my finger nothing is changing.

That spots are super visible on black black background. On bright backgrounds it's not very visible. Now after I know that its there I can easy see it. That's probably why I didn't noticed that before.

It looks to me similar but not the same as when my iphone screen started bleeding.

Other thing I noticed when doing LCD Conditioning is that on right and left bottom corners can see a spot lights. Looks like that bottom corners lamps flash much more bright than the ones on top. Especially the right bottom corner.

Adding some pictures so you can see it.

Is it a replacement for a new monitor or do you somehow replace just the LCD panel? I did thrown away my original box long time ago. Is there any way to obtain a packaging box from Dell to send it to you? Or can just wrap it around with bubble foil?

Here you can see it on photos.

More hi res pictures here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115307699247593415912/DELLU3011BROKEN?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNfFqMiC2duv4gE&feat=directlink

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 5th, 2014 06:00

After 30 days from the Dell invoice date, all replacements would be refurbished. If still within the original purchased warranty period, after you contact Dell Technical Support to initiate a monitor exchange, you will need to use the box from the replacement monitor to send us the broken one.

No Events found!