Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 8th, 2013 01:00

U3014 Backlight bleed issue update?

Chris,

I have been following the U3014 since it was announced back in February and the last issue keeping me from buying one is the backlight bleed that is severely worse then the U3011. In this thread: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19513942.aspx you stated that the issue was escalated to the manufactruer a few months ago. What is the lattest update on the issue? Will the next monitor revision (A04) fix this problem?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 12th, 2013 08:00

Correct.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 12th, 2013 07:00

I have not received any news about an A04. I can tell you that based on our captures, the backlight bleeding is within our manufacturer specifications.

77 Posts

September 12th, 2013 08:00

Appreciate the response. If the backlight bleed is within manufacturer specs then this issue would not be fixed then, correct? Just looking for clarification before I make my decision on this monitor. Thanks 

10 Posts

September 13th, 2013 03:00

Hi Chris,

Firstly, I can see you are being very helpful with other customers. It is great to see someone helping people and interacting with the community, it gives me confidence in Dell products and services.

I just found out from my local supplier they have stock of the U3014 REV A04. Just wondering what was fixed in A04?

My main concern is the level of ghosting which seems to be visible. Someone put the U3011 against the U3014 and found significantly more back light bleeding and ghosting. TFT central did an analysis and found that it was one of the worst Dell panels they tested in terms of ghosting.

If I purchase from a local authorised reseller, what is my recourse if I'm not happy with the quality of the display? If I decide to go ahead with the purchase, I really hope I get a great screen. But I've read lots of stories about people returning the screen several times before getting the "right one". Personally, this kind of situation seems a bit troubling and something I want to avoid having to do.

Finally, I heard that there was a game mode which reduced the screen latency down to 1-2ms. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Kind regards, Samuel.

10 Posts

September 13th, 2013 08:00

The supplier got back to me, they were actually referring to U2713HM A04. Sorry for the confusion. I guess my original questions still relevant.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 13th, 2013 13:00

All I see for the U2713HM are A00, A01, and A02. Have the supplier take a picture of one of the monitor labels showing A04 and send you the picture.

19 Posts

September 15th, 2013 13:00

Why even bother talk about A04 when A03 is not even out yet?

The question remains.. Will this be fixed? Etc in A03???

Possible to get a update on this matter? My monitor suffers the exact same :/

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 16th, 2013 06:00

Evrae,

Based on our captures, the U3014 backlight bleeding is within our manufacturer specifications. Since it is, we are not going to fix it.

No Events found!