Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2013 22:00

U3014 & Color Calibration Software - Anybody having USB connection error message?

Hello folks,

A few days ago my calibration with the DCCS started giving me weird tints and now I have this weird thing happening when I launch the Dell Color Calibration utility. It gives me this message: "Please verify that a USB cable is connected between the Dell Ultrasharp Display and your computer, then try again."

Any device attached to the USB ports on the monitor are working fine (including the i1Display device. However I keep getting this message. I tried a different cable going from monitor to PC. I tried a UB cable. I switched around the ports. The telephone support was of no help. They couldn't even understand why I was using color calibration software and why the i1 Display ro goes with this particular monitor. URRGGGHHHH!!!

Any help will certainly be appreciated. 

38 Posts

November 18th, 2013 00:00

1. Make sure that the monitor's upstream cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on the PC itself
2. Make sure that i1 Display Pro is connected to a different USB 2.0 port on the PC itself.

If it still happens:

1. Post your C:\Users\ \AppData\Roaming\X-Rite\Dell Color Calibration\Connection.log file
2. Install the latest version of XRD services:
http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?action=support&id=1509
. Restart, go to Services, make sure that X-Rite Device Services Manager has started
4. Reset monitor to factory defaults, switch to CAL1 throug the OSD, start DCCS and try again

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

November 18th, 2013 10:00

Beware, latest PC version of i1DispayPro driver (2.3.1) comes with new SDK (for i1Profiler 1.5.0).

I've not tried but it may not work with DCCS (it does not work with i1Profiler 1.4.2) unless a new update from dell newer than 1.0.1.0. (did you hear us, Dell? new update soon? please more than 11 measures for each primaries' gamma... too much color shift for a lut3d on grey gradients, this hardware can perform better)
X-rite driver 2.3.0 seems to be safer, unless 2.3.1 is your last bullet.

Anyway, try to factory reset or switch input (DVI <-> DP) and factory reset.

Does your monitor shows properly in Device Manager? I mean full name, etc. It's located in Control Panel. If not try to (re)install monitor driver (inf)

So your second suggestion didn't work either. the monitor does show up properly. I am going to uninstall everything. And use the disc that came with the monitor to install the older version of the applications. 

Will update soon

Thanks for your response. I have tried the first suggestion of USB 2.0 ports. It still happens. So here is the log file:

Successfully opened the display Sending command to turn Smart Video Enhance off...

Failed to find the index for display with serial number P1V6N322431L. DisplayController::factory() failed. Successfully opened the display Sending command to turn Smart Video Enhance off...

Failed to find the index for display with serial number P1V6N322431L. DisplayController::factory() failed.

I am going to try your second suggestion now.

38 Posts

November 18th, 2013 16:00

Sorry to hear that. Are you running Windows 8 / 8.1? I had the exact same problem initially. In my next reinstall of Windows 8.1 I installed DCCS and then iProfiler 1.5.0 and things work now.

38 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 08:00

One thing you can try (no guarantees):

1. Uninstall DCCS
2. Open Registry Editor

Search for:

Dell UltraSharp Color Calibration Solution

When you find X-Rite -> Dell UltraSharp Color Calibration Solution delete the whole key

3. Reinstall DCCS, restart

Try again

November 23rd, 2013 08:00

I am running Windows 7. I think reinstalling the whole darn OS (clean install) is the only thing remaining I can do now.

No Events found!