Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 20th, 2016 14:00

U3415W is flickering

The monitor is flickering and the is a white line on top (first line, 1 or 2 pixels)
Windows is up to date, videocard drivers and monitor drivers are up to date

Serial number : CN0PXF797426163U0MNLA03
Specific computer model: ASUS P7P55D-E motherboard
Operating system : Windows 10 64 bits
Video card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Video card driver version : 368.81
Ports available on the video card : DVI-I/DVI-D/ HDMI 1/ DP 1
What video out port are you using from the video card  to what video in port on the monitor? Tried HDMI and mDP
What cable are you using to attach the video card to the monitor? Tried HDMI and mDP from Dell
Resolution is : 3440 x 1440 60 Hz
Was the monitor purchased from Dell or some reseller? Reseller on Amazon

Thanks

July 20th, 2016 19:00

July 20th, 2016 19:00

Laptop HDMI out to HDMI in on U3415W : Same problem!

Back to old setup : DVI out of NVIDIA GEForce GTX 950 to DVI in on my "old" Dell U2312HM : Works good! Dual monitor setup : No problem

My conclusion : U3415W is defective.

3 Posts

July 30th, 2016 16:00

I have the exact same problem even down to the white line (mine is at the bottom though).

I tried both the mVP 1.1 and the standard setting mVP 1.2 no significant difference it still flickered randomly.

Did you figure out a solution or did you end up exchanging the monitor?

July 30th, 2016 19:00

I went for a refund from the vendor. Still in process...

3 Posts

July 31st, 2016 08:00

Ok.

I'm doing the same thing tomorrow. I've spend an entire weekend reading about different solutions and workarounds. But to be honest I can't figure whether it's a graphic card, cable or monitor problem. On top of that the 'white pixel line' sealed the deal for me.

I tried every solution I could get my hands on from official Dell admins as well.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything new either before or after getting a new monitor.

July 31st, 2016 10:00

I spent so many hours trying to find a solution and Dell support was no help at all. I'm so deceived...

3 Posts

August 1st, 2016 06:00

Sorry to hear. Hope it will all work out for you.

I completely understand as I have spent the majority of the past three days to search for solutions and for every piece of new information I got I almost became even more unsure of what the problem might be.

Anyway I delivered my product back to the vendor now with a thorough description of the problem.

Hoping for a positive outcome...

No Events found!