Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

4 Posts

January 6th, 2019 09:00

U3417W, Mac Pro, Radeon HD 7950

I have two problems using this monitor on my Mac Pro (middle 2010) with a Sapphire HD 7950 graphics card, and running mavericks. 

The severe one is that every hour or so, my screen disappears to be replaced by vertical stripes. Rebooting the Mac, even after disconnecting its power or doing a Cmd-alt-r-p reset does not fix this. What does fix this is unplugging the U3417W power cord at the back of the U3417W. 

Is this the fault of MacOS, the graphics card, or the U3417W?

Stripes every hour or soStripes every hour or soPinkish rectanglePinkish rectangle

The second problem, is that in Standard or Custom display modes, the monitor exhibits a pinkish rectangle on the left edge. Multimedia mode or game mode do not display this. Dell claims this is an Apple problem. I find this hard to believe because changing the monitor setting with no change on the computer cures this.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 7th, 2019 07:00

For my notes, click my username and via private message send me the U3417W service tag number.

For Dell to troubleshoot, you must test the U3417W on a dedicated Windows operating system PC to see if the issues are present.

You can see here on the drivers page and also in the User's Guide that the Apple proprietary hardware and operating system were never tested/validated by Dell.

You should also post the issue on the Apple Forum and see what other Apple users have done as far as Apple PC troubleshooting and possible Apple proprietary cabling to purchase.

4 Posts

January 7th, 2019 07:00

I am running Mojave, not Mavericks

No Events found!