Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 11th, 2020 16:00

U4919DW, help with DDM and PBP

I have two computers and I am using a Dell UltraSharp 49 Curved Monitor: U4919DW

The U4919DW has four inputs: DP1, HDMI1, HDMI2, USB-C

After reading this P4317Q discussion;

It seems I should be able to use these DDM commands to switch between my "Home" and "Work" setups =

Home: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Display Manager\ddm.exe" /SetActiveInput DP1 /SetSubInput HDMI2

Work: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Dell Display Manager\ddm.exe" /SetActiveInput HDMI1 /SetSubInput USB-C

However, it does not work at all. When I run the commands it just kind of leaves me on DP1 and shuts off PBP altogether.

Can someone please help me figure out the command lines to switch between these two PBP setups?

425 Posts

June 14th, 2020 09:00

I can't speak to the U49 right now, but what follows works with the U32. Basically you need to experiment a bit, and insert some wait states, because these commands are doubled up and take time to execute.

Try something like this:

/SetSubInput HDMI2 /Wait 5000 /SetActiveInput DP1 /Wait 10000 /SetPxP PBP

Explanation: changing the active input will trigger a Windows hotplug event, so change the subinput first, then allow the FW 5000ms to recover, before changing the primary input; then allow a long recovery time for Windows to handle the hotplug event; finally, turn PBP back on in case it gets turned off as a result of the HPD event. If this works on your U49, you can play with the wait times.

425 Posts

June 16th, 2020 01:00

Sorry, I should have mentioned that Dell supports quite a few PBP modes, with discrete names. For the U49, use "SetPxP PBP-2H-FILL"

June 15th, 2020 17:00

Thanks so much Swamped.  This really helped as I didn't realize the command line switches were basically a script and happen in order and you can add wait times!

The only problem now is that PBP mode shuts off and the /SetPxP PBP doesn't seems to turn it back on.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot that?

If I do "/SetPxP off" it shuts off

If I do "/SetPxP PBP"  nothing seems to happen

Thanks!

No Events found!