Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2016 03:00

UP2716D, GeForce 9800 GT, HDMI out

I bought the above monitor which works fine with my MacBook Pro. However, I can't get the monitor to work with my PC running Windows 10 with the Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT connected via HDMI (and an HDMI to DVI adapter). I've installed the driver. Under Devices the monitor is listed and under displays and screen resolution, I have the option to extend, duplicate and shift my display to the Dell screen which would imply that the OS can see the display and the connection is fine. However the monitor isn't detecting or displaying anything. Can you please help?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 12th, 2016 06:00

* So this is your setup?
Computer Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT DVI out --> DVI to HDMI adapter --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> UP2716D HDMI 1 in (port 2a in picture)

* You then pressed the #3 button on the UP2716D and checked HDMI/MHL1?

If yes, then the adapter could be the culprit. Consider purchasing a direct DVI to HDMI cable.

2 Posts

August 15th, 2016 09:00

Hi Chris, I've done all of this, even bought a dedicated cable but the result is the same. The PC 'sees' the monitor in Settings > Display, giving me the option to extend the screens etc. It even knows the optimal resolution for the monitor. It just won't show it regardless of whether i plug it into HDMI 1 or 2.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 15th, 2016 09:00

Is there another video card that you could test in that computer? Or another desktop computer to test the monitor on?

No Events found!