Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2017 14:00

UP2716D Problem: Sizzling sounds and blackouts

Dear people,

it's been a while since my last post here. Seems I now have a hardware or electronic problem with my UP2716D, I hope you can help or make suggestions.

When using the built in USB side hub on the left edge (for my laser printer, USB 2.0) my monitor makes sizzling noises and eventually the whole image goes black and comes back a few seconds later.

I thought this was merely some mechanical problem, only occuring when plugging the printer from time to time. So I'd figured to just leave the cable there. OK but now here's the weird part:

I just plugged my old laptops (DELL 502X) mains adapter into the same outlet where my 2716D is also powered from and the frying, sizzling noises would start, very similar to the ones described above and even louder. It would take a few seconds to end after i pulled out again the laptop's mains adapter from the outlet. The noise would come back when I pushed the power button of the 2716D and go out after a few seconds. I tried it two times now, with the same outcome.

Does this sound like imminent failure?

I'd be happy for any suggestions or tips. Thanks and best

Chris from Vienna

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 7th, 2017 03:00

Thank you for your message.

Please disconnect all the cables from the monitor, press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds, this will release the static.

Connect only the power cable & plug this into a different wall outlet & check if the noise persists.

When you start the monitor with just the power cable you will see a self-test, check if the screen flickers here.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

No Events found!