Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 9th, 2014 18:00

UP3214Q Color Calibration USB not detected

Hi,

I've tried so hard, can't resolve it. I think the drivers are bad. When I delete the drivers, Color calibration work and detect USB. When the driver of the monitor is active, in Dell Color Calibration: USB not detected. Can you solve it?

Thank you

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 10th, 2014 07:00

What operating system?
What specific driver are you loading?
What is the monitor serial number and revision?
List every cable and port used between the monitor and the computer.

Example = Computer video card mDP out port --> Dell mDP to DP cable --> Monitor DP in port

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 11th, 2014 01:00

I have the same problem.

OS- Win 8.1 x64.

Dell UP3214Q connected to Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2 1030Mhz via miniDP-miniDP and connected to PC via USB 3.0.

At calibration step i receive error "monitor not connected to PC via USB":

i1 visible and ready to use but problem in USB connection.

But monitor is already connected. When i connect monitor to PC then new hardware is appears (shown with red arrows):

All latest drivers installed, no any hardware mistakes or conflicts:

How can i calibrate my Dell UP3214Q with Dell ultrasharp calibration solution and i1 and how can i solve this problem??

September 11th, 2014 06:00

WINDOWS 8.1

Dell UP3214Q      connected via Display Port 1.2 activated

Dell UP3214Q latest drivers

Dell Ultrasharp Calibration Software 1.5.3

Graphic card Ati RADEON HD 7970 Catalyst 14.4  DISPLAY PORT > DELL monitor

“Erreur: Impossible d'établir une connexion à l'écran. Vérifiez que le cable USB est connecté puis reessayez”

Error in Dell ultrasharp calibration software: Monitor is not connected by USB but USB is working.....

The error is from 4k  60Hz... when I let it in 4k 30Hz all work fine.

With original Xrite software calibration, I have to put it in 30Hz otherwise, with ADC the screen reset to black and desactivate 60Hz 4k Display port 1.2 is disable automatically.

For now I'm using the original software Xrite.. and I could calibrate in 30Hz 4k then switch to 60Hz 4k... What a tricky system... welcome to the 4k world.

My guess is the UP3214Q windows drivers who cannot handle the 60Hz 4k with the Dell color calibration software

No Events found!