Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2015 11:00

UP3214Q, Linux, DP 1.2 3840x2160@60Hz

I just got two UP3214Q monitors which I've hooked up to an Nvidia Quadro K2200. I'm running the Nvidia driver 343.36-1 from rpmfusion. When I enable DP 1.2 mode through the monitor menu system, end up with an odd split screen effect. I've seen some old posts regarding this split screen effect. when I boot my system under windows 8.1 with all the various dell and Nvidia divers updated, I don't get the split screen effect when I enable DP 1.2 mode. 

So.. The question is, is there a work around for this problem so I can enable DP 1.2 mode on my monitors when running Linux? Is there a particular set of video cards/drives I can install on my system so I can get DP 1.2 mode working? Or is it hopeless and I have to run my monitors in DP 1.1 mode.

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 5th, 2015 07:00

Unknown. We never tested this monitor with Linux. We have no idea how it is going to function in that operating system.

January 5th, 2015 09:00

So far, the hardware works as advertized, the dual channel or dual mode or whatever the MST is called is working to drive the left and right side of the monitor at 60Hz 4K resolution. The problem right now is that Linux and the associated desktop software don't know how to deal with the two halves of the monitor, treating each side as individual monitors. For those who are digging through forums looking for answers, here is a very relevent post which pretty much sums up the issue with 4K dual tiles monitors, (which the dell UP3214Q is one.)

www.phoronix.com/scan.php;px=MTU3NDU

No Events found!