Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2013 12:00

UP3214Q - No BIOS Post in MST Mode?

Hi,

I own a Dell 4K monitor (UP3214Q). I'm using MST mode with the included mDP cable so that I can use the monitor at 60 Hz.

While in MST mode when I start my computer my BIOS post information is not displayed. This has never been a problem for me prior to using this monitor. From what I've read this is/was an issue for all 4K monitors set to MST mode.

However, it seems that other 4K monitor manufactures (e.g., Asus and Sharp) have fixed this issue with a firmware update that allows the BIOS post to be displayed on one half of the screen during the boot process (see: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/618952/geforce-drivers/gaming-at-4k-getting-it-to-work-and-debunking-a-few-myths-/post/3980771/#3980771).

Is Dell working on this issue? If not can you please forward what I've posted to the appropriate technical people at Dell?

Thank you.

32 Posts

December 4th, 2013 21:00

DELL-Chris M could you please forward this post to your Engineers for review? Since Asus and Sharp were able to figure out a solution (via a firmware upgrade) for their 4K displays I'm sure Dell can also. Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 5th, 2013 05:00

We cannot replicate this issue. None of our Dell OEM systems, video cards, and drivers have this issue. Our guess is that the culprit is either the retail video card firmware or the drivers.

32 Posts

December 5th, 2013 06:00

We cannot replicate this issue. None of our Dell OEM systems, video cards, and drivers have this issue. Our guess is that the culprit is either the retail video card firmware or the drivers.

Did you review the link to the official NVIDIA forum that I posted above? This issue plagues all 4K monitors currently out on the market (e.g, Sharp, Asus and Dell). I don't see how it could be a driver issue as how would a Windows driver affect how the BIOS is displayed at boot up? Windows drivers are not loaded until after the BIOS posts. Did you test a UP3214Q set to MST mode and a GTX 680? The only thing I can think of is that it might be the video card firmware.

Thank you.

No Events found!