Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2013 08:00

UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

I got some more problems with the UP3214Q: Every couple of computer starts, once I get the login screen displayed, only half the screen shows a picture (the right hand side), with the left half being black. After login, I get the full picture. Prior to the login screen, I also have full screen picture (BIOS screen, Windows loading screen). The second issue is even more annoying: If I power off the device while my PC is still running, then power it back on, I will never get a picture again. No amount of hitting random keys and klicking about (I can hear windows and moan in the background If I manage to blindly hit the wrong option) will get back any picture. Neither will switching to another input then back, nor will unplugging the displayport cable from the machine, or putting the machine to sleep and returning it back from sleep. The only way to get the picture back is to shut down the shut down the machine completely, then boot it up again. Is this supposed to happen or is something wrong with my display?

April 17th, 2014 00:00

I work for NVIDIA Software QA team.  We have just posted a GeForce 337.61 hotfix display driver to address the half screen issue with the UltraSharp UP3214Q/UP2414Q LCD monitor.  Direct links available from the KBA below:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3491

Pidge2K, let me go slightly off topic on this issue.  As I post the same problem at YOUR nvidia forum and no1 has response:

I do NOT have a 4K monitor, I won't be buying 1 until May when REV A1 is fully available, and yet I have virtual identical problem since I switch to display port on my HP ZR30 2560x1600:

I was using 2 x HP ZR30. 2560x1600 on your nvidia GT 440 for a few year, never have any problem.  I upgrade to a 650 GTX Ti Boost w/ the new nvidia driver, and at the same time, I switch to display port from DVI dual link, since then, the following problem occurs w/ so many ver. of your drivers, from Mar. 2013 driver to Sept. Oct. Nov. 2013, and now Feb. 2014 driver.

Current set up, 1 x 650 GTX Ti Boost connects 1 x  Pioneer RX-v573 integrated amp. connects to 1 x 60" Sharp LCD TV via HDMI port, 2 x 2560 x 1600 HP ZR30, 1 via display port, 1 via Dual link DVI.  Main screen is the ZR30 via display port.

1) Boot up text screen does NOT show on my main display (my 30"), rather at my 60" LED TV. It is somehow thinking the 60" is my main until win 7 properly boot up.

However, if I disconnect my display port, then connect my main screen (30" at 2560x1600) via dual link  DVI, then the boot up text screen shows up on my main screen, the way it has been all those years when I have that GT 440 and those few year old nvidia driver

2) Under display port 1.2: If I turned off all monitors (PC remains on), when I turn back on those monitors, I have to remember to turn on the main monitor first. 

a) If I turn on the Pioneer Rx-v573 first, which connects to the Sharp 60" LCD TV, then turns on the main screen HP ZR30, sometimes  it won't turn on.  I would have no display, and the solution is move my cursor to my 2nd HP ZR30, go to screen resolution and select DETECT for the video card to re-detect the main screen.

b) Sometimes both my main and 2nd HP ZR30 screen went blank if I turn the Pioneer on first, and I am force to re-boot, as the 3rd sceen the Sharp 60" also went dark

3)  Now, w/ the scenario listed at #2, instead of display port, if I were to connect that main screen using dual link DVI and,  if I turned off all monitors (PC remains on), when I turn back on those monitors,

a) If I turn on the Pioneer Rx-v573 first, which connects to the Sharp 60" LCD TV, then turns on the main screen HP ZR30, sometimes the software originally running on my main screen 30" would move to my Sharp 60", and that's the the worst case scenario

================

My PC does not have sleep mode via win 7, but the monitor do turn off after 15 min.  The computer is brand new.  I custom build it myself in Dec. 2013, the following is the spec.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS running 16 GB of Kingston DDR3, 1333MHz RAM

2 x XEon 4 core E5-2609 2.4GHz

Win 7 Pro, w/ SP1, 64 bit.

41 Posts

April 17th, 2014 06:00

I've talked to support about a month ago. Issue# 215499-1642958, got no further communication from Dell. Do i need to make to get them to talk, or it just takes forever ?

38 Posts

April 17th, 2014 06:00

Hi Chris,

Is the new firmware update tested with Intel HD displayport 1.2 mst?

The old firmware on UP3214Q  got issues when used with Latitude e7240 i7 via mini disport 1.2 MST

Thanks

1 Message

April 17th, 2014 10:00

NVidia has posted a hotfix driver 337.61 which they state addresses the half screen issue. I have applied and it is working well. It now boots Win 8.1 full screen.

18 Posts

April 17th, 2014 11:00

I am seeing the same thing as @prenetic

The monitor is still not coming out of standby, it needs to be switched off and on. I know this is not covered by the hot-fix as that applies to the half screen behavior.

These drivers are similar to the 327.23 ones, except these new ones show the login screen when you start windows. Previously it started blank and needed a monitor power cycle to work.

Perhaps the monitor firmware update resolves issues relating to the monitor standby? We could do with knowing what exactly that update actually resolves.

13 Posts

Does anyone have the X-Rite color calibration device and Dell color management software? Anand reported problems after using said software even after a firmware update, and I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet with, say, the latest NVidia hotfix? I will probably give it a shot this weekend, but if there's a brave soul out there that's already run the test, any info would be greatly appreciated.

5 Posts

hedrums: I used the newest version of "Dell UltraSharp Calibration Solution" (as it is so creatively named) and my i1Display without issue on automatic calibration. 

8 Posts

April 18th, 2014 18:00

Does anybody know if the issues with these monitor have been resolved by dell?

I tried one at work up3214q (A00) with a quadro k600 and I get the same problems half a screen, and when it goes to sleep the computer the monitor will not comeback to life. Or if I just simple turn the monitor off then try to turn it back on, will not fire up.

We returned, too much of a pain to deal. Do the newer version models A01 monitors have this problem?

28 Posts

April 18th, 2014 22:00

Hello,

i am using the Revision A01 with an GTX 780 TI. No more half Screen Problems and no more standby wake up Problems.

By the way: The special Nvidia 337.61 driver works without problems like the previsious versions on A01.

MM69

25 Posts

April 19th, 2014 04:00

337.50 beta driver seems to fix all issues (aside from rare "no signal" issues) and 337.61 fixes all issues for A00 revision (original) of the monitor.

So, if you have Nvidia, no worries if you have latest beta/hotfix driver. If you have AMD or Intel, I'm afraid you're still not out of the woods.

19 Posts

April 19th, 2014 07:00

Btw, Chris, here is the thread I started long agoo in the AMD forum, but there is nobody who care from AMD's side. http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=170929&highlight_key=y&keyword1=4K

8 Posts

April 19th, 2014 10:00

That's interesting.. seems all the drivers for the geforce have properly addressed this issue. But I am wondering about the quadro cards? We tried with couple quadros, low end k600 and k4000 with latest drivers and we had the same problem. Half screen, and won't wake up from sleep or after turning off the monitor.

Anybody here has a quadro video card that can share some input?

18 Posts

I don't agree the hot-fix drivers fix all the problems with the monitor.

The monitor still randomly does not come out of standby and requires a power cycle. This is with an A00 revision model.

19 Posts

I don't agree the hot-fix drivers fix all the problems with the monitor.

The monitor still randomly does not come out of standby and requires a power cycle. This is with an A00 revision model.

I concur. I am having the same experience with the provided hotfix drivers on an A00 revision model.

13 Posts

April 19th, 2014 12:00

I am (very) sad to report that the hot-fix drivers from NVidia don't fix either issue for me: failure to boot when in MST mode if the monitor is powered on and failure to wake from sleep. I guess I'll return it and get A01 firmware and hope for the best. Sigh.

NVidia GTX 780, Windows 7-64 bit.

No Events found!