Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2013 08:00

UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

I got some more problems with the UP3214Q: Every couple of computer starts, once I get the login screen displayed, only half the screen shows a picture (the right hand side), with the left half being black. After login, I get the full picture. Prior to the login screen, I also have full screen picture (BIOS screen, Windows loading screen). The second issue is even more annoying: If I power off the device while my PC is still running, then power it back on, I will never get a picture again. No amount of hitting random keys and klicking about (I can hear windows and moan in the background If I manage to blindly hit the wrong option) will get back any picture. Neither will switching to another input then back, nor will unplugging the displayport cable from the machine, or putting the machine to sleep and returning it back from sleep. The only way to get the picture back is to shut down the shut down the machine completely, then boot it up again. Is this supposed to happen or is something wrong with my display?

April 28th, 2014 01:00

is there a way to disable the monitor from going to sleep?

25 Posts

April 28th, 2014 07:00

Yes.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings

May 2nd, 2014 05:00

so if you turn off screen saver, you fix that screen saver problem.  So now the only question is,  w/ REV A01, does it fix that half screen problem?

28 Posts

May 2nd, 2014 23:00

I am using rev. A01: No problems with half screen, standby and screen saver.

MM69

38 Posts

May 3rd, 2014 08:00

UP3214Q - just got my replacement A01 firmware fixed for me.

UP2414Q - still using original December A00 firmware, likely to do a rma over next week.

Done of these will work with Intel DP1.2 on Haswell. at 60Hz. but ok at 30hz.

May 3rd, 2014 17:00

I find it hard to believe that a certain CPU will have anything to do w/ the problem on half screen

Are you saying it won't work on Haswell at 60Hz but it works on other Intel CPU,

I use xeon

38 Posts

May 3rd, 2014 18:00

Done of these will work with Intel DP1.2 on Haswell. at 60Hz. but ok at 30hz.

Spelling error that should be None.

For clarification neither of my monitors work at 60hz using Intel igp. 

32inch A01 replaced monitor is fine, its it is all good.

24inch A00 is better but I have yet to organise replacement

re: my comment does not work with Haswell... I mean driving it using Intel HD4400 igp.

I planed using both monitors with laptop igp, when not requiring the processing power of my workstations. Plus to save my sanity... my workstations sounds like an engine idling with 8 x hdd + 3 ssd, topped off with 6 fans. 

My daily workhorse is a Dell i7 4600u lattitude e7240 Haswell, and it cant run it at 60hz via the built in MiniDP1.2

Its not the cables as I'm using Dell supplied dp cables that can run at 60hz. 

Decided to get a different brand 28inch in mid May when released in Australia to see how that goes at 60hz for the office. 

30hz is not cutting it for me, maybe its my perception that its not running at full potential and it nags lol.

Over the years I've learned that their is a Price to pay for being addicted to bleeding edge. 

May 4th, 2014 00:00

you're kidding?  You're running a 4K monitor on an integrated video card?  Since when can the resolution of those intel integrated card support 4K?

38 Posts

May 4th, 2014 01:00

you're kidding?  You're running a 4K monitor on an integrated video card?  Since when can the resolution of those intel integrated card support 4K?

When I use the laptop its only for non intensive graphics.

But as I said both the monitors also connected to a $5000 at work or a $8000 workstation at home office.

4 Posts

May 5th, 2014 08:00

Hi,

AMD user here pitchting in - having exactly the described issues:

Screen won't sync in MST mode after windows login - permanently black screen until I hard-reset the computer. Starting in SST mode and then switching on the desktop gives a picture, but is extremely cumbersome each startup. On occasion I get a black screen after resolution changes by games, but THAT'S fixed by cycling the display.

GPU is a Asus 7970 DC2T with the latest drivers (14.4), from just a few days ago. Rev. of panel is A00.

I tried calling Dell Support Germany (where I'm at), but they said there is no new revision, and even if they were they couldn't switch the panel for me since it's my software or GPU driver that needs updating. This is after having been told I should try connecting it with DVI-DL.

*frustrated*  I'm close to just sending it back to Amazon.

13 Posts

May 7th, 2014 19:00

The A01 says that on the back, right? I just got a replacement and it says A00 and has all the same A00 behavior.

1 Message

May 7th, 2014 20:00

Same here.  DELL just replaced my A00 monitors with more A00 monitors.  Clowns.  Most expensive paperweight ever created.  Junk.  Ready to send all of them back, the originals, the replacements, and a nasty note as to why I will never purchase another Dell product.

13 Posts

May 7th, 2014 20:00

I would say I'm amazed, but I'm not. After more than a dozen interactions, they finally send me a replacement, and it is exactly the same as what I have.

May 9th, 2014 07:00

So I bought the 3214 (against my better judgement) but so far it has worked well despite it occasionally going to sleep and requiring a reboot... but I decided to add the 2414 as a second monitor, and both are connected via mini-display port to a NVidia GTX 760... when I switch the 2414 into DP 1.2 mode, the res goes crazy (1920x2160)... I have tried a mini display port to display port cable and that will "do" 1.2 at the correct res... do I have a bad monitor?  The 2414 is a Rev 00, if that matters, any thoughts?

Brian

1 Message

May 12th, 2014 14:00

Is the combination of

* UP3214Q

* Ubuntu 14.04

* NVidia, e.g., NVS510  

working?

What about multiple such monitors (nvs510 supports 4x 4k :)

Thanks!

No Events found!