Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

1 Message

October 14th, 2019 02:00

UP3216Q, 60Hz, Apple OS-X Catalina?

Hi All,

I've updated OS-X to Catalina and I've noticed the refresh rate of my monitor dropped to 30Hz even though it's using display port. Is there anything specific I can do to bring it back to 60Hz?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 14th, 2019 09:00

For my Dell internal notes, click my DELL-username and send me the following information via a Private Message;
- UP3216Q service tag number
- UP3216Q 20 digit serial number
- Your full name, shipping address, phone, email address
- If this UP3216Q was NOT purchased directly from Dell by you, you have to fill out the Ownership Transfer form

You will need to ask Apple users for help with this issue on the Apple Forum. Dell does not provide support of this monitor on Apple operating system and hardware. The only Apple service Dell provided was access to the Apple version of the Dell XRITE Monitor Application. Even then, we cannot assist in installing it. My guess is you will need to rollback to the previous working version of the Apple OS-X. But again, ask the Apple users on their Forum.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 15th, 2019 06:00

Awaiting a response to my previous reply asking for data to record this case.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 15th, 2019 13:00

Because we have not received a reply from you with the needed information, we are closing this case.

1 Message

October 24th, 2019 16:00

It's not specific to your monitor. I also have this happen on my P4317Q running Catalina, even with beta 3. Turning it off and back on again resets it, but it happens maybe 3 or 4 times during use in the evening when Im home. I know Apple added support for new AMD 5700 series GPUs, so they've been messing with the display drivers for some time now. 

No Events found!