1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

February 1st, 2023 09:00

UP3216Q, calibration software is DEMO only

Dell UP3216Q

Dell UP3216Q

Hello,

I have downloaded and tested the calibration software for my Dell UP3216Q monitor (version 1.6.7). To my surprise, even if I have a supported monitor model, the software is only showing the calibration option as a DEMO feature. Could you please clarify how could I unlock the software to properly calibrate the monitor?

Thank you!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 1st, 2023 10:00

The DUCCS DEMO mode message means that the the X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter is not "sensing" the monitor.
* Plug the monitor USB upstream cable into the monitor USB upstream port, the other end plugs into the PC USB port
* Test the X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter on every PC USB port
* Test the X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter on all of the monitor USB downstream ports

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2023 03:00

Thank you for the clarification. Indeed, I have an incompatible colorimeter (X-Rite DTP94) so that might be the issue. I tried connecting the monitor USB hub to the laptop but even though the display should be visible (and it is detected as proper model and serial number are shown) due to lacking of the proper colorimeter most of the software features are either disabled or shown as demo.

The X-Rite colorimeters are no longer produced by X-Rite. The replacements are now provided by Calibrite, https://calibrite.com/us/product/colorchecker-display-plus/

While, in theory they should behave just as the original X-Rite i1 Display Plus in practice I couldn't find a confirmation that they do indeed work. Has Dell (or anybody using the DUCCS software) been able to test that Calibrite colorimeters work just as well as the original X-Rite models?

No Events found!