Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

April 5th, 2007 18:00

USB doesnt work on 2007WFPb, plz help!

Hello Well i recently got my XPS 710 and everything is working fine (except some low scores rarely on 3dmark06 but thats ok i can run everygame on max settings) except one little thing: USB ports on monitor 2007wfpb DOESN´T WORK!!!!! i really want to connect my wifi usb card there (cpu is more far away from monitor) to get better wifi signal, and i wana conect my zune there, but it doesnt work, god even if i conect something windows wont tell me a thing, its like it doesnt exist or something i really need your help guys, any help will be apreciated help a poor noob! XD

Message Edited by mrkd on 04-05-2007 02:58 PM

12.1K Posts

April 5th, 2007 18:00

First, you are not allowed to use that " d" word, on this forum.  Against the terms of service.  Edit it out, or you may get an email from the Moderator

Second, did you connect the upsteam usb cable to the underside of the monitor and the other end to the usb port  ?

5 Posts

April 5th, 2007 19:00

sorry, edited ;) second, what upsteam usb cable??? what are you saying? i installed the drivers of the monitor again, but usb ports still not working.. :( what else should i do? (all usb ports of monitor doesnt work, back and right side)

12.1K Posts

April 5th, 2007 20:00

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2007FP/en/setup.htm#Connecting%20Your%20Monitor  This is the user guide for that monitor.  Read the section on installing it correctly. 

371 Posts

April 5th, 2007 20:00

mrkd wrote:
sorry, edited ;) second, what upsteam usb cable??? what are you saying? i installed the drivers of the monitor again, but usb ports still not working.. :( what else should i do? (all usb ports of monitor doesnt work, back and right side)

What he means is you have to connect a USB cable from one of the USB ports on your computer to the USB 'input' on the monitor. (just as you would with any USB hub)

Monitor drivers do not come into play regarding the USB ports.

1 Message

May 29th, 2007 17:00

I just received my monitor and have connected all the necessary cables, including the USB cable.  When I plug the cable in, I get a message telling me that new hardware has been found and XP is finding drivers to install.  I then get a wizard popup that wants to know where to find USB drivers for this device.  I've tried the disk that comes with the monitor as well as the XPSP2 installation disk that was supplied with my laptop.  I have a Latitude D610, and all my other USB devices (mouse, keyboard, MP3 player, flash drives, portable hard drives) all work just fine when I plug them in.  Why is it not wanting to see this monitor?

Thanks,
Eric

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 28th, 2007 22:00

edbennion,

Try loading this 2007WFP driver?

Message Edited by DELL-ChrisM on 08-28-2007 06:30 PM

April 26th, 2009 17:00

I had the same problem with my monitor. I breezed through the setup and overlooked the upstream USB cable requirment. Thanks for your help.

No Events found!