Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2008 21:00

Ultrasharp 2408WFP update...

Hello all, I've just orderd a Dell ultrasharp 2408WFP monitor with my Studio XPS computer. I know there were some problems with the earlier 2408WFP monitors. But was supposed to be mainly fixed with the AO1 update. My question is this, is all the new ultrasharp 2408WFP monitors that are being shipped now the updated ones (A01)??? Asking because I would hate to have to ship the monitor back if it's not the updated one. Any input? Thanks for your time....foots

7 Posts

December 11th, 2008 19:00

I do the same deal like you and i expect to receive a new version of the 2408wfp, i talk to the Dell spokeman and he can't confirm but i tell him i would ship the monitor back if it's not an revA01... 30 days buyers remorse...

13 Posts

December 11th, 2008 21:00

Hey, does the monitor come with a 3 year warranty when you buy it as part of a new computer systems? I know it comes with 3 years if you buy just the monitor. Foots

1.5K Posts

December 12th, 2008 08:00

Hey, does the monitor come with a 3 year warranty when you buy it as part of a new computer systems? I know it comes with 3 years if you buy just the monitor. Foots

No. it comes with whatever warranty you purchased with the system.

13 Posts

December 15th, 2008 16:00

Hello Jimmy, Thinks for getting back to me. Let me as you this, can I buy an extended warranty for my monitor then?

1.5K Posts

December 16th, 2008 09:00

Hello Jimmy, Thinks for getting back to me. Let me as you this, can I buy an extended warranty for my monitor then?

If it is still under warranty you probably can, if the warranty has expired I'm not sure, you would have to get in touch with sales to find out for sure.

13 Posts

December 16th, 2008 16:00

Well actually Jimmy, I'm waiting for the system to be shipped to me from Dell sometime next week. So it's brand new. I'll check into buying an extended warranty for the monitor. Thanks

4.6K Posts

December 17th, 2008 12:00

Please excuse me butting in here Foots, but I honestly can't believe what I just read!

Hey, does the monitor come with a 3 year warranty when you buy it as part of a new computer systems? I know it comes with 3 years if you buy just the monitor.

No. it comes with whatever warranty you purchased with the system.

So if you just accepted the standard one year warranty on the system, the monitor is only covered for one year as well - despite the fact the monitor when purchased on it's own, carries a (minimum) three year warranty (my own 2408WFP A01 actually came with four years)!?

That's both astonishing, and absolutely appalling :emotion-3:

It's the very same monitor after all, so what's the reason for it only having a one year warranty if it's purchased as part of a system?

1.5K Posts

December 17th, 2008 14:00

It's the very same monitor after all, so what's the reason for it only having a one year warranty if it's purchased as part of a system?

I honestly don't know the reason, it's been that way for 3 years. The policy is the first thing in the monitor FAQ.

What is the warranty period on a Dell monitor

7 Posts

December 17th, 2008 15:00

"Monitors purchased stand alone on or after Nov. 1, 2005 carry a minimum 3-year warranty with an optional extended warranty for 4 or 5 years from the invoice date.
Monitors purchased with a Dell system after Dec. 12, 2005 carry the length of the system's limited warranty."

Sorry but here in Canada If you have a dispute (for example, with a merchant) that you are unable to resolve, a quick, economical solution is available in the form of a legal action in the Small Claims1 Division of the Court of Québec, commonly referred to as “small claims court”.

And believe me the judge will meet the customer claim with or without your selective warranty, just because an 700$ monitor in normal use, must not broken in 2 years maybe 5 dependent on the judge...

1.5K Posts

December 17th, 2008 16:00

I'm not Canadian or a lawyer so I'm not qualified to debate you on that ;) All I can do is tell you what the warranty is.

13 Posts

December 17th, 2008 19:00

I know this is just a crazy policy Dell has. I called today to see if I could buy an extended warranty on the monitor itself and was told that I can't do it like that. I would have to buy an extended warranty for the complete system that I ordered. They really don't give you anyway of extending the warranty unless you do the whole system. That's just bad bussiness to me.

Plus the reason I wanted to get a three or four year extended warranty on the monitor is because I now have a Dell 19" flat screen monitor that had to be replaced because of a stuck on/off button, good thing I bought it by itself, so I had a 3 year warranty on it. Sure wish I had that peice of mind with this new 24" Ultrasharp monitor that I just spent over $600 dollars for. It's just not right how Dell does this.

I even thought about cancelling my order but then I'll lose the discount dell I got and my system would actually cost a few hundred dollars more, and that would be out of my buget. So I'm stuck with the one year warranty on this monitor. On and no problem for butting in, anytime. Foots

4.6K Posts

December 18th, 2008 01:00

Was the monitor including in the original system configuration Foots, or did you order it separately/as an upgrade?

If you ordered it separately - albeit at the same time as the system, then should it not be classed as a stand-alone product, and therefore carry the full 3 year warranty?

1.5K Posts

December 18th, 2008 06:00

TheRealFireblade is correct, it depends on how the order was set up. If the monitor is part of the system configuration it has the warranty of the system, if it was set up as a separate order it would have 3 years. Why don't you Private Message me your order number and I'll check how its set up.

When I purchased my wifes Inspiron I couldn't afford the extended warranty but just before the one year warranty ran out I called and bought the extended warranty. As long as you do it before the warranty expires your good, so you have a year.

13 Posts

December 20th, 2008 16:00

Hello Jimmy, yes it is indeed part of the system I build, all together. So I know the monitor has only the 1 year warranty along with the computer. And I called to find out could I buy an extended warranty on just the monitor and was told NO, I would have to buy an extended warranty for the whole systems. Oh well, anyhow got an email today that my computer is on the way. Take care , and Merry Christmas to all, foots

No Events found!