Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2012 11:00

Using Dell Monitor for Security System Set-up

I have a Uniden Model UDW155 Security Camera.  I want to transmit the signal from the portable camera to a Dell Computer Monitor.  I purchased a VGA Adapter to TV S-Video RCA Out Cable for PC Video for that purpose but the signal does not transmit to the Dell Computer Monitor.  What do I need to have to transmit to the monitor via the VGA port on the monitor?  When I try to use the adapter all I get is the monitor self-check with the color lines...no video transmits from the security camera.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 30th, 2012 10:00

dianapaulinerodriguez,

According to the UDW155 Manual, it states, "You can connect the receiver to any standard television with RCA composite video inputs.". It does not state that you can connect it to a LCD monitor via an adapter. You should contact the UDW55 Customer Care 817-858-2929 and ask if it is possible.

1 Message

October 18th, 2012 03:00

Yes it is better you call l the CC, but one thing that you need to remember is teh ip address. IP address are of two type:

1. Static

2. Dynamic.

When you have an ip cctv camera it is important that you have a better access to the IP. If you have Dynamic IP, then you have go theough the overall process to get the video in other device, but in case of static the settings saves automatically... The CC will give you other detail information.

Thank You

No Events found!