Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2009 17:00

Why do we need Power Save?

What is Power Save good for?  I propose a movement to Dell Engineers to get rid of it.

I've read here on the forms that the Power Save is operating system and/or video card specific.  I don't understand that.  If you unplug your video cable what does your Dell monitor do immediately?  It goes into Power Save!!!!!  How did the operating system affect that?

If you must have Power Save to make you feel that you're some sort of planet savor, why must it go into that mode immediately?  Then say I want to bring it back it takes 2 to 3 seconds?  I sit here with 4 different Dell computers getting switched into the same monitor.  I'm very busy and I don't have time for to wait for computers.  So, if one gets busy I switch.  But, if the one I switch to is off, the monitor enters the dreaded power save.  Now I have to wait for it to come back. 

So why immediately?  Couldn't you wait 2 to 3 seconds before a power down like you make me wait 2 to 3 seconds for power up?  Maybe even wait 30 seconds?  I don't think we'll lose the planet over that?  Why can't I get into the menu and turn your rotten power saver feature off like I can in the operating system?

Each time a new computer comes to the office I check out the monitor to see if Dell has come to their senses and tried to improve user productivity.  Nothing doing.  I guess I need to connection my series of Dell Computers to a different monitor manufacturer.

No Responses!
No Events found!