I've had the u2711 monitor up for a few days. Somehow today I managed to lock the front panel controls (a little padlock appears when I press the one just above the power button). The user manual (such as it is) says there's also anOnScreenDisplay menu but I don't see how to get to it (I certainly don't see the icon the manual says to touch). Rebooting the computer certainly has no effect. How can I unlock the front panel?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I did the same today, (without touch any bottoms)
But here is what to do
Press and hold down the "menu" botton, (the one right above the power botton) and hold it, for about 15 sec, then it should unlock again.
i have tried holding down the menu button for 15 seconds and the menu does not unlock. what other solutions are there aside from sending it back?
i am saju,
If you number the buttons from the top 1 through 6 -
* Press button #5 for 15 seconds to activate the padlock feature
* Press button #5 for 15 seconds to unlock the padlock feature. While doing this the padlock will disappear. You must continue to hold the button #5 in until the unlock padlock appears
Try this -
* Turn the computer and monitor off
* Disconnect all monitor cabling from the monitor (power, USB, VGA, DVI, etc.)
* Press and hold in the monitor power button in for 5 seconds
* Reconnect the monitor to the computer
* Reconnect the monitor power cord to the monitor
* Turn on the monitor, then the computer
* Press the Menu button for 15 seconds to unlock the padlock feature
I just tried that and the previous steps you listed here and it still does not work for me. I was previously using the DVI-D connector but bought a MacBook Air that does not have that port. So I am now trying to use the displayport using a displayport-mini-dp cable. Does the monitor not autodetect the cable and switch the port? I need to be able to change the input but its locked and will not let me. Any other suggestions? Thanks.