Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2013 05:00

s2340t Touch not working PLEASE HELP

Hi,

received my new s2340t monitor yesterday from dell, plugged HDMI and usb 3.0 upstream from my Lenovo k450 with win 8 (brand new last week) and the monitor works just like a regular monitor and the touch does NOT ... computer recognizes the monitor and states monitor is working perfectly.. I inserted the CD and installed the drivers/ software, did not work, made sure i was in usb 3.0 port again, then went to the displaylink website and downloaded driver from there... still nothing... did online chat with dell last night and they could not help me...... any help here?... ps the lenovo does not have DP so HDMI and USB 3.0 ports only

please help.... im not the most computer literate either

Mike

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 13th, 2013 07:00

Mike,

Are the USB ports on the lenovo blue or black?

We tested an Inspiron 14R + Windows 8.1 + S2340T via HDMI. Both were powered on. We hot connected the HDMI cable from the S2340T to the Inspiron 14R HDMI port. The Device Manager added under Monitor a generic listing. We did not install the INF.

We then hot connected the S2340T USB upstream cable to the USB port on the Inspiron 14R. The Device Manager added the following:
Universal Serial Bus Controllers =
Two Generic USB Hub
One USB Composite Device

Imaging Devices =
DELL S2340T Webcam

Touch functionality worked great on the S2340T. What appears in your Device Manager when the S2340T USB and HDMI are connected to the lenovo desktop?

4 Posts

November 13th, 2013 08:00

The USB 3.0 that I Tried Are Blue ... I Also Tried The 2.0 Black Ports Just For The Sake Of Trying... 

If Memory Serves Me Right The Actual Name Of THe monitor Pops Up "Dell S2340t" And States In The Device Manager That It Is WorkinG Correctly.. Although It Does Not Mention The Usb Ports Or Hub Or Webcam As U Mentioned

i Will Double check When home

4 Posts

November 13th, 2013 13:00

ok, I unplugged everything and started from scratch... I did as said above and hot connected the HDMI cable after power supply was already hooked up and the device manager did the same and says s2340t monitor and then hot connected the USB upstream cable to the USB 3.0 port on the Lenovo K450 and the device manager did not change....

still not working

4 Posts

November 13th, 2013 16:00

FINALLY...

after being transferred 6 times to 6 different people in dell tech support, while I was on hold I decided to take my 7 year old USB adapter from my printer and hook it up to the new monitor and bam it worked.... final answer: faulty USB upstream cable... Dell is sending me a new one, hopefully that one will work so I can get my printer back up and running as well

No Events found!