Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 7th, 2009 22:00

Backup success and failure report

Hi,

I'm currently running NW 7.4 on windows, and I'm wondering  how do I create a success/failure report for all clients/groups each

morning for upper management and send it to backup admin email? 

Thanks

96 Posts

December 10th, 2009 04:00

Now you want to try to copy the 'savegroup completion' notification and replace action with sth. like:

smtpmail -h -s "Savegroup Completion failed"

and change priority to 'alert' only.

That should work.

Peter

96 Posts

December 7th, 2009 23:00

Hi,

have a look at reporting capabilities.

You can define configuration details for reports with nmc, save them and then run these reports from command line with gstclreport.

For that you will need installed jre on the consol server.

Scheduling will take place with either a special group and savepnpc (postcommand) or local scheduling, ie.cron.

If reports do not meet your needs, you might want to have a look at DPA or do some scripting by your own.

Peter

96 Posts

December 8th, 2009 01:00

You will not find any NMC Admin Guide.

Have a look in the NetWorker Admin Guide. There you will find at least two chapters dealing with reporting and NMC.

December 8th, 2009 01:00

Any documents that i can refer to? I've been trying to search NMC admin guide in powerlink but it's not available. Different keyword for search maybe?

150 Posts

December 9th, 2009 04:00

Yes you can use the notifications. Only you need to provide is smtpmail command in action atribute of the notification.

December 9th, 2009 04:00

Is it possible for me to configure notification to be sent to backup admin email whenever there's a backup failure without using 3rd party software? I'm using 7.4 on windows and backing up windows clients and solaris clients. I need to be informed through email whenever a backup job fails.

96 Posts

December 9th, 2009 05:00

You could try to create a new notification similar to the savegroup completion, but with priority 'alert' only.

So I think you will not receive  savegroup completion mails from successfull groups.

The best way is to copy 'Savegroup completion' an edit it.

Peter

I mixed sth. up.

Savegroup Completion is logged and not mailed in NW 7.4

So its not the very best way to copy it without having a look at for example Saveset corruption notification for the command.

Nachricht geändert durch Peter Heikens

150 Posts

December 9th, 2009 07:00

No its the exchange command.

December 9th, 2009 07:00

Sorry for asking this, is smtpmail a networker built in apps installed by default or is it a third party apps?

96 Posts

December 9th, 2009 08:00

smtpmail comes with NetWorker for Windows as far as I know.

150 Posts

December 9th, 2009 08:00

smtpmail is only a coomand which uses exchange services. Exchange server may be some other server than backup server

96 Posts

December 9th, 2009 09:00

In ' \bin' you can find a file named: 'smtpmail.exe'.

That's a programm or app or sth. else but no command.

December 9th, 2009 23:00

Hi Guys,

I managed to configure smtpmail to send email to my email account for testing purposes, so how do I exactly configure smtpmail to send email ONLY when there's a failed backup?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

December 13th, 2009 03:00

Our management, as any other, likes to read sheets in colours so we simply use DPA for it.  There are predefined reports which address this sort of queries.  Of course, you could script this and via MS Office tools (or some other) do it on your own...

December 13th, 2009 05:00

We're planning to get DPA but the procurement process is going to take longer than expected =)
No Events found!