Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 6th, 2013 11:00

Change NetWorker hostname, how?

Hi all,

i have installed NetWorker 8 sp 2 on RHEL 6.4, but after rename my server i lost connection to Management Console - "Unable to connect to server. Remote system error - Connection refused".

How i can fix it?

How my steps for correct change hostname my linux system with installed NetWorker?

Artem.

1.2K Posts

July 7th, 2013 18:00

How about IP address?

If IP address is also changed, you may create/update Hosts file.

If IP address is not changed and network
connection is verified to be correct, I am afraid the problem can be complex.

Changing the hostname of NetWorker Server must be cautious. It may cause Client ID issues.

Before renaming the hostname, you’d better refer to this article first:

https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_HowTo?id=kA0700000004MiR

(powerlink account needed)

Troubleshoot Client ID issue:

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-20105

2.4K Posts

July 7th, 2013 12:00

It is not so easy to recover from this situation. In fact you'd better familiarized with the procedure before renaming the server.

May I suggest that you get the help of NPC (the NetWorker Procedure Generator) which will give you detailled instructions about this issue.

July 10th, 2013 02:00

For UNIX NMC servers:

1. Stop the gstd daemon on the NMC server:

etc/init.d/gst stop (Solaris/Linux)
      /etc/rc.gst stop (AIX)
      /sbin/init.d/gst stop (HP-UX)

2. Use 'ps' to make sure that the gstd, dbsrv9 and gsttclsh processes are not running. If necessary, halt them.

3. Rename the current gstpsm2.so file (gstpsm2.sl for HP-UX) in the /mod (refer to the Administrators Guide for the default binary NMC install directory for relevant Operating System) to gstpsm2.so.org (gstpsm2.sl.org for HP-UX).
4. Place the downloaded gstpsm2.so ((gstpsm2.sl for HP-UX)) binary in place of the original gstpsm2.so (gstpsm2.org for HP-UX) file.

5. Make sure that the file has the same permissions as the other files in this directory.

6. Start the gstd daemon on the server:

etc/init.d/gst start(Solaris/Linux)
      /etc/rc.gst start (AIX)
      /sbin/init.d/gst start (HP-UX)

For Windows NMC Servers:

1. Stop the EMC GST Service on the NMC server when backups/recoveries are not occurring.

2. Using Task Manager to make sure that the gstd, dbsrv9 and gsttclsh processes are not running. If necessary, halt them.

3. Rename the gstpsm2.dll \gst\mod to gstpsm2.dll.org (by default nmc_install_dir is c:\Program Files\Legato\Management).

4. Place the downloaded gstpsm2.dll in the \gst\mod folder.

5. Start the EMC GST Service.

No Events found!