Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2007 06:00

Changing install directory on NW client

Here's my problem:

I have an Exchange server client with NW 7.2.1 installed on the C: drive. My NW server is 7.3.2 update 1.

Well, I started doing mailbox brick-level backups and it is using up all of the free-space on the C drive, which is causing problems.

So I uninstall 7.2.1 and install 7.3.2 U1 on another partition. Now the server can't see it anymore. I even re-created the client resource with a new ID, and still no joy. It says "no such file or directory." Saveset is MSEXCH:MB. It won't even do Info Store backups now either.

I even reinstalled 7.3.2 U1 on the C: drive and it still doesn't work.

Should I reinstall 7.2.1 on the client?

Suggestions?

14.3K Posts

April 4th, 2007 07:00

Why simply not follow official advice and specify new temp?

When you install module it will check for NW install path so it should know your new location.

14.3K Posts

April 4th, 2007 06:00

You can specify tmp to be used for brick level backups as that one gets heavily used during brick level backups. If you get no such file or directory it sounds as you forgot backup command or module backup command is no longer at the same place (which makes sense since you changed directory now) so you need to relocate module too.

April 4th, 2007 07:00

So I just need to relocate the Exchange module? How do I do that? I reinstalled 4.1 but it doesn't let me specify the location for install.

April 4th, 2007 08:00

I figured out to invoke the wizard from the client and got the jobs working. I also was able to specify the new temp directory with the -p switch.

Thanks a bunch!
No Events found!