Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2013 23:00

Client is deleted in GUI but not in the Index DB

Hi,

i have a problem with Client witch are deleted in the Networker Gui but not in the Index Database.

Is it possible to delete the client later ???

Our normal prozess is to delete the Client first in the DB with

nsrck -Y -R

than delete the CLient in the /nsr/index/client

and at last delete the Client from the NMC GUI.

But sometimes someone delete it direktly in the NMC GUI.

Have anyone an Idea ???

regards from Duesseldorf/Germany

Marcus

(Networker 7.6.4 on AIX)

17 Posts

October 24th, 2013 04:00

Thanks !!! :-)

October 24th, 2013 04:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "NetWorker Support Forum".

2.4K Posts

October 24th, 2013 09:00

Technically, both entries are independent.

In fact you can delete the CFI directory at any time ... of course that does not make sense on an active client.

1.7K Posts

October 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Marcus,

Ideally if you want to completely get rid of a client you can do it form NMC, and select "delete media DB and index entries", this will delete the client, the CFI (Client File Indexes) and media DB entries.

If you delete the client, and the indexes but not the entries on the media DB, then either nsrim -X will delete those entries or you will have entries left behind in the media DB.

Thank you,

Carlos

17 Posts

November 7th, 2013 22:00

Hi,

i am sorry but i can not find this Function "delete media DB and index entries", in my NMC !!!

regards Marcus

2.4K Posts

November 7th, 2013 23:00

Hi Carlos,

i also cannot remember such option except for deleting a volume. Are you mixing that up?

Regards

14.3K Posts

November 8th, 2013 15:00

I use script which:

- deletes all records for the client

- does index removal

- does mdb purge

- removes NSR client

Sometimes, some operator may delete client from NSR, but for those I would run above script (I use NSR client as only argument) and that's it (it is part of my keep-it-healthy procedure to compare content on /nsr/index and mdb dump for client names along with nsradmin output for NSR client names). 

In GUI, you can't remove index (you can remove oldest cycle of ssid within index view).  Perhaps in newer versions this can be done directly or via wizard - didn't check - I prefer script I already use as it gives more visibility over what is going on.

17 Posts

November 13th, 2013 08:00

hi,

ok thanks !!!

But i hope someday the GUI will become this function.

;-)

No Events found!