Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2016 02:00

Could not get session key for GSS authentication

Hi,

I try to create a Networker client (a Windows 2008-R2 server) on my Networker sever (a Win2012-R2 with NW V 8.2.3.3). I use the wizard and pass the first screen where i type in the client name.

I then get the following error:

"unable to connect to host: Please check Networker security setting and daemon logs on the Networker client and Console server for more details. Could not get session key from 'NW servername' for GSS authentication with 'NW clientname': Authentication error; why=Server rejected credential"

Any idea how to fix ?

Best regards,

Johan

14.3K Posts

Check the daemon.raw on server and NMC server for any auth issues like invalid keys.

10 Posts

Check the firewall settings on the Client.

17 Posts

December 13th, 2016 05:00

Hi Johan:

You must delete the nsr peer information in client and server.

On the client:

Open a CMD

nsradmin -p nsrexec

print type: nsr peer information; name:

delete

On the networker server:

nsradmin -p nsrexec

print type: nsr peer information; name:

delete

regards

79 Posts

December 13th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

I tried that:

It did not find a resource anymore referring to the 'clientname'. I restarted Networker on both sides.

I still get the error:

Connecting to host 'servername' failed. Unable to connect to server. Unable to authenticate with server 'clientname' error; why=Server rejected credential.

???

2.4K Posts

December 13th, 2016 07:00

Don't forget that you have to delete the info on server & client.

If you only use one host to administer both parties, you must apply the prper client name as well:

nsradmin -p nsrexec -c                           or

nsradmin -p nsrexec -c

Worst case, you could also

- search the appropriate resource file in nsr\res\nsrladb

- rename/delete it

- restart the NW client daemon

14.3K Posts

December 13th, 2016 07:00

Error means that either not proper auth method is used in handshake or key is wrong (peer information) or there incompatibility between client and server (so wizard fails).  In all 3 cases, you should see more information from logs on both server and NMC server (actually not both, but one of them and add there client as well just to be sure).

6 Posts

March 30th, 2023 07:00

Got the same problem with a recent server (19.7.0.3) and old Solaris agent 7.5 with new recent storage nodes (Ubuntu 22.04)

Backup was ok with actual storage nodes, but was failing on new infra, with new SN.
There were no Peer information to delete on both Server and Client (?)

To resolve, I had to rename on the client, the folder /nsr/res/nsrladb and restart the client, and tada ! Backup is ok again  

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

March 30th, 2023 20:00

@Djobine , The deletion of the respective peer information using`nsradmin -p nsrexecd` dint work ?

6 Posts

March 31st, 2023 00:00

I found no peer information to delete for this client ! (on both server and client side) I guess this is because it is a very very old 7.5 client...

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

March 31st, 2023 07:00

Well, I dont remember much about NetWorker 7.5

No Events found!