Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

November 6th, 2017 08:00

Groups in NMC - finding groups not run, hiding older groups

Trying to solve 2 operational issues, and didn't see anything in NMC docs - maybe I'm missing something. 

issue 1 - we often disable a group, (for a variety of reasons), and aside from making a reminder in outlook, or something similar, is there an easy report, that would run automatically (preferably daily) , of all groups that have not run in 24 hours? 

issue 2 (could be assist with issue 1) - is there an easy wade to hide older groups from the NMC management console?  Ones that are no longer used (but you want to keep for history issues, or might eventually come back).

I understand we can sort, within NMC, "date last run", but I'd like an automated report, so that if someone disables a job, we have an audited report, of when it was re-enabled.

TIA - running 3 Networker machines, 8.2.4.x, windows 2012 environment..      

2.4K Posts

November 6th, 2017 09:00

issue 1

you could use nsradmin to find out the groups which have not run.

The nsradmin commands would be:

. type: nsr group

show name; last start

p

Then you could filter be 'last start', prepare an appropriate list of groups which you can then use to start them from the command line.

If you pack this in a powershell script which runs once a day - this would solve your problem.

issue 2

no. However, if you delete a resource it will be listed in the rap.log file (if enabled).

If you keep that info you could easily reconfigure this resource using "nsradmin -i input_file".

155 Posts

November 11th, 2017 10:00

Issue 1: Try your hand on Jobquery to identify start time and end time of each group that runs, if both the time matches that means it was a skip( This is when it is scheduled to skip on a particular day) I have a working query for NW 9,

. type: workflow job

show end time

show start time

show workflow name

p

Sample output

end time: 1510346327;

start time: 1510282800;

workflow name: GROUP_01;

end time: 1510369200;

start time: 1510369200;

workflow name: GROUP_01;

end time: 1510233438;

start time: 1510228800;

workflow name: GROUP_02;

end time: 1510197498;

start time: 1510196400;

workflow name: GROUP_05;

Issue 2:

No, delete only if you don't want to use them in future.

Do you have DPA in your environment by any chance.....life gets easy when using DPA to achieve all that you are looking for... It has configuration change report to let you know what recent changes were made in your environment. Repeated failures under two strike and three strike reports for individual clients....Report card report which can give you a weeks history for any given client with success/failure report in a single pane.

No Events found!