Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2013 14:00

I am unable to execute the savegrp command -- I get a message "savgrp: Unable to create the temporary directory for output files"

I am just trying to execute a probe on a client.  Do you think it is a permission error?  What is wrong?  Help please.

Oh and one more questions --- I have heard a lot of different thoughts as to how you are suppose to edit you res\servers file with the proper information.

Can some one tell me if I am write or wrong?  I was told to edit the \servers file this way --

shortname

FQDN

and IP

Is this correct?  Thanks

September 16th, 2013 19:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time. 

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "NetWorker Support Forum".

13 Posts

September 27th, 2013 02:00

Hi

1. Some time there is space issue on the path    /nsr/tmp directory , then this type of messages coming , so check that one  and also execute the savegrp in debug level mode 3 and check.

1.   You need to define the Entry like below order.

IP  FQDN Shortname

Example:

20.198.54.92     ph01.apac.com     ph01

14.3K Posts

September 29th, 2013 12:00

What NW version (yes, there is difference between NW7 and NW8)?  Are you running as root (obviously why)?

No Events found!