Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 21st, 2013 05:00

Increasing performance of high-volume clients in NW 8.0.1

I have a backup of a server with about 10TB, to increase perormance I tried in the past to choose explicit files for example

c:\

A

B

C

If I choose a and b and c

I have 3 save sets which could be done with parallism factor 3

BUT with this explicit choice new files are explicit not choosen and not backuped

Any Ideas how I could increase the performance?

My favorite way would be to say save set all and more bandwith... Is this possible?

736 Posts

October 21st, 2013 07:00

Yes, using the same logic, you can divide this as many times as you want.  You just need to be careful to try to keep the amounts of data to be backed up by each client instance as even as possible for maximum performance.

-Bobby

736 Posts

October 21st, 2013 06:00

Hi,

If you are on unix or linux, the new NetWorker 8.1 feature 'Parallel save streams' would help you here, but it looks like you're on windows.  Depending on the limitations being ok for you, block-based-backup on Windows might give better performance.  Otherwise, you can use this solution:

NetWorker: How to separate one client backup into two using directives

-Bobby

8 Posts

October 21st, 2013 07:00

If I follow the way with 2 directives I got only  performance up to factor 2... In our configuration we got up to 10 parallel save set jobs and with this configuration the time window is okay... If I follow the directives/group idea, would it be possible to build up to one directive for each letter?!

No Events found!