Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2015 01:00

Issue after NMC server upgrade

Hi guys,

I am wondering if you can help me out with something. I'm in the middle of an upgrade to NW 8.2.1 and started with the NMC server. The setup used to be NMC server 8.1.1 and Networker Server runs 8.0.3. I upgraded the NMC server to 8.2.1, the upgrade was successful, but upon login on the console server (after I restarted the Networker Backup Server service on the NW server) I get an "Unable to connect to server: Permission denied" message when I try to Launch NetWorker Administration for my backup server, the backup server wasn't upgraded yet. Both NMC and NW server run Windows Server 2008 R2.

Any hints will be appreciated!

Regards.

15 Posts

July 9th, 2015 04:00

Hi, thanks for the reply,

Tried nsraddadmin, no luck. Completely uninstalled it and clean reinstall, still got the same error. Then I uninstalled it and installed NMC 8.1.3 works like a charm.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

July 9th, 2015 04:00

Most likely user role permission... try to address it via nsraddadmin command.

2.4K Posts

July 9th, 2015 06:00

There must be a reason/dependencies why the standard installation procedure (at least for Windows) begins with the server and then installs NMC. It is also somehow logical as you do not need to manage something that does not exist.

So thinking logically, it is not a good idea I would never begin to upgrade NMC first.

15 Posts

July 9th, 2015 06:00

"NMC server 8.2.x supports NetWorker 7.6.x and 8.0.x servers. When the NMC server is not the NetWorker server, update the NMC server before you update the NetWorker server. Networker 7.6.x and 8.0.x NMC servers do not support NetWorker 8.2.x servers."

And that is from the official Upgrade to 8.2.1 guide

No Events found!