Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2013 23:00

Legato disaster recovery and directives

Hi,

I am running Legato V 7.6.4.5 on Windows 2008-R2. I want to make DISASTER_RECOVERY backups of Hyper-V hosts machines. Those systems have a folder C:\Cluster Shared Volumes holding the VMs running on top of it.. I don't want these CSV folder to be backed up when backing up the DISASTER_RECOVERY saveset. Will an exclusion of this folder as a directive do the job ?

Rgds,

Johan

1.7K Posts

June 21st, 2013 05:00

Hi Johan,

I ran a quick test on my lab and looks like DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ saveset do NOT accept any directive.

Backup goes ahead fine, and completes successfully with the directive, but didn't skip the files/folders I instructed to.

I'll do some further research, but for now I would say it doesn't work because eventually it's using VSS (snapshot) to perform the save.

Thank you,

Carlos

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 25th, 2013 13:00

DR saveset does not take skip directives; MS defines what they need and of they needed for DR, there is no way you can allow skip to be used just because someone thinks they do not need it.  The moment you skip it, that's the moment when full meaning of DR saveset is lost and therefore EMC does not allows it (at least not so far).

No Events found!