Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2015 21:00

Lotus Notes DB and DAOS Backup

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of deploying EMC networker for a client. They have Lotus Notes infrastructure in place as their primary email system. I have the networker module for DB and Apps installed on the Lotus notes server and have successfully run test backup and recovery. Now i have a few questions i'd like your help with:

1. Is there any way to backup just the individual NSF DBs and have their respective DAOS automatically backed up? Currently i can select individual NSF databases but i have to do that for DAOS as well. Now selecting hundreds to thousands of attachments for each database is not possible. Is there any way to have the DAOS selected automatically with just the NSF DB selection?
  2. Same question for recovery. When i recover an NSF DB, will the DAOS attachments linked with the NSF DB be automatically recovered or will they have to be done manually too?
  3. During the Networker backup configuration for Lotus, i created and saved a configuration file which i then called in the recovery options on the client. Without the file the client just wouldn't be able to find the notes.ini file to run the backup. When i include the file for recovery, it would fail with the error that "NSR_BACKUP_PATHS" parameter should not be included during GUI recovery. So i remove this parameter manually and run the recovery successfully. So my question is, isn't there a more streamlined method for recovery without manual editing of the backup config file from the GUI? Since the file is created and saved by the Client configuration wizard, shouldn't it work in a click and go method?

P.S. I am using Networker 8.2, with the latest Apps and DB Module available on the website.

I apologize if i sound like a noob. I am new to EMC networker.

Thanks.

No Responses!
No Events found!