Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2010 23:00

NDMP Backup

Hi,

I am trying to take backup from celerra NS 120 through networker 7.5.1 on Dell tape library. Backup fails. The following error comes.

42597:nsrndmp_save: data connect: failed to establish connection 42886:nsrndmp_save: Unable to start the NDMP backup process. nsrdsa_save : Aborted 42913:nsrndmp_save: Save session closed with NW server successfully

I have done zonning properly. Celerra cifs shares are properly defined with $ sign in each at the end. I have configured many options but it is not working. Can somebody help me?

Atif

2K Posts

February 12th, 2010 15:00

42597:nsrndmp_save: data connect: failed to establish connection:

Check if the NAS IP is properly available on the network, ndmp service is enabled and started and you have used correct logins to configure the device and Remote User/password for this client.

17 Posts

February 13th, 2010 01:00

IP is properly configured as well as user name and password. This NAS is part of Windows 2008 domain environment and I have set the same user in NAS which is also present in Active Directory. It still not working.

2K Posts

February 14th, 2010 22:00

I am not sure about the AD users but check that the user which is initiating the backups has correct permissions as per the admin guide.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

February 16th, 2010 04:00

First check if you can communicate with filer over port 10000.

Then, with inquire -N check if you see devices correctly and if that part of communication works fine.

17 Posts

April 1st, 2010 08:00

I did following things.

1. Put the entries in Celerra host file for networker and celerra itself.

2. In client configuration at networker the path was wrong. Actually i was putting the share path. Here we have to put the actuall path which cellera knows itself.

Regards,

Atif

No Events found!