Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2010 06:00

NDMP client license tiering

Hi, does anyone have a reference guide showing the tiering levels for NDMP Client Connection License for networker 7.5. I am looking to backup a celerra ns-210 but dont know whihc tier it is.

Thanks

736 Posts

August 11th, 2010 04:00

I don't know the answer to this and haven't found anything that explains what's in each tier of tiered-based licensing in NDMP.  Anyone out there know this?  If you don't get an answer here in the next while you should contact licensing@emc.com and ask them to explain it to you.  If you do get an answer from them, I'd appreciate you posting it here for our education.

-Bobby

736 Posts

August 10th, 2010 07:00

Sorry, just saw that you are on NetWorker 7.5 and not 7.6 - the equivalent information for NetWorker 7.5 is in the 7.5 Administration Guide:

"

The NetWorker NDMP interface is an optional feature that must be licensed
separately from the NetWorker base product according to a tiered licensing structure.
One NDMP Client Connection license must be applied to each NAS array, although a
single host can have multiple Client resources.
Use of the NetWorker storage node software with NDMP support requires a software
license (where the NetWorker NDMP interface is not used).
Additionally, a file type device is supported for NDMP operations, which can also be
used as a bootstrap device. A DiskBackup license is required for the file type device.

"

which is at:

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Technical_Documentation/300-008-471.pdf?

-Bobby

736 Posts

August 10th, 2010 07:00

From the NetWorker 7.6 Licensing Guide:

NDMP licensing
The NetWorker NDMP interface is an optional feature that must be licensed
separately from the NetWorker base product according to a tiered licensing structure.
The following apply to NDMP licensing:
◆ One NDMP Client Connection license is required for each NDMP host.
◆ For NAS arrays, where each host in the array shares one license, you can specify
the user-defined array name in the NDMP array name attribute of the Client
resource.
◆ When the NetWorker NDMP interface is not used, a storage node license is
required to use the NetWorker storage node software with NDMP.
◆ Additionally, a file type device is supported for NDMP operations, which can also
be used as a bootstrap device. A DiskBackup license is required for the file type
device.

Is this what you're looking for or do you need something else?

The full document is here:

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Technical_Documentation/300-007-566_a02.pdf?

-Bobby

71 Posts

August 10th, 2010 08:00

Hi, when i request a quote for this license i am aksed what the tier is. I have recevied a quote for 4 tiers and i do not know which tier i require.

Mark

71 Posts

August 11th, 2010 04:00

I have received a copy of the Networker Hardware Comaptibility Guide. ON page 163 there is a list of NDMP Tiers shoing the hardware associated with each tier. In my case the celerra ns120 is Tier 2.

Thanks, Mark

No Events found!