Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 23rd, 2013 07:00

NMC Login incorrect, after being logged in

Hi,

I'm running nmc7.6.5.

Has anyone run into an issue where you receive a login incorrect from nmc after you've been logged in and have been using it?  It almost appears that there is some sort of timeout that occurs and from that point forward, I receive a login incorrect from any and all nmc windows I have opened.  The only way around it is to close nmc on my desktop and restart it.  I can't tell you how annoying this is (multiple times per day).  My desktop is windows 7 and has 13 different versions of jre's installed on it (some type of company wide distribution of jre's).  I believe this is java related, as I also have a linux desktop where this doesn't occur. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?  (other than using my linux desktop :-)  )

Thanks,

Jim

24 Posts

August 30th, 2013 10:00

I think I stumbled upon the problem and solution. 

Our corporate DNS server wasn't deleting A records for my laptop (and others as well).  If you did an nslookup of the IP address, multiple A records would appear (in my case about 20).  For my laptop, a different hostname would appear every time you entered an nslookup of the IP.  I had the duplicate records deleted and I've gone almost three hours without experiencing the login incorrect error. 

My theory is that somewhere along the line.... nmc must validate the hostname of its clients via DNS.  When a different hostname is returned from the one that originally logged in it produces the error.  I could be way off base on this.... but, that's what it appears to me.

Why this is happening is another story and I'll leave that to our DNS group.  I did google the issue and found that someone else issues with Win7/DHCP and duplicate A records......

I'll post again when I'm sure that the problem is resolved.

1.2K Posts

August 26th, 2013 22:00

Some times this may happen due to stale network connections. No known resolution yet.

155 Posts

August 26th, 2013 23:00

Hi,

You can try deleting the cache from Java control panel, Go to start and search for java control panel, From the Temporary Internet files option go to Setting and delete temp files. Hope this should help

1.1K Posts

August 26th, 2013 23:00

I 'd suggest you reinstall java.

please mark my answer as "correct/helpful answer" if it helps.

24 Posts

August 27th, 2013 07:00

I've tried deleting the java cache and it didn't help.

Our corporate desktop image contains 13 different installations of jre (1.4 thru 1.7).  Java 7 is loaded when I launch NMC.  Is there anyway to direct NMC to use a different version of jre?  I'd like to see if I can narrow down this issue to a particular version of java. 

Thanks,

Jim

1.1K Posts

August 27th, 2013 18:00

suggest you check this out.

Java Web Start jnlp file caching issue after updating the NetWorker Management Console

After the NetWorker Management Console (NMC) is updated or a client locale is

changed, the gconsole.jnlp file will be different than the original gconsole.jnlp file in

the Java Web Start cache. NMC will fail to launch.

Workaround

Remove the NetWorker Management Console Application and Language Pack

from the Java Application Cache Viewer:

1. Open a command line to find and launch the javaws.exe application. The default

location C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\javaws.exe -viewer can be used

to run javaws.exe based on the JRE version installed, for Java 1.6.x.

2. Run the Java Application Cache Viewer.

3. Select NetWorker Management Console Application and Language Pack.

4. Click Remove Selected Application.

1.2K Posts

If reinstalling Java does not help, please check whether GST service is still running when the NMC connection drops. If so, you may check detailed error in C:\Program Files\Legato\Management\GST\logs\gstd.raw.

1.1K Posts

you could check out the 7.6 installation guide, and you will find the JRE requirement detail.

Java Runtime Environment

AIX

JRE starting from version 1.6 or later. This is required to run the command line reporting feature.

HP-UX

Use the WebStart included with JRE 1.6, or JRE version 1.6_01

(which includes WebStart).

Linux

JRE starting from version 1.6 or later. This is required to run the

command line reporting feature.

Microsoft Windows

JRE version 1.6.0 and later for these Windows platforms:

Windows 7

Windows Vista

Windows 2008

Windows 2008 R2

This is required to run the command line reporting feature.

Note: JRE version 1.6 or later is also required for an IPv6 environment.

Solaris JRE starting from version 1.5_11 or later. This is required to run the command line reporting feature.

Any one of your JRE meeting the requirement can work, so make your choice to remove the others. good luck.

1 Message

August 28th, 2013 04:00

Hi,

We faced this type of issue the only workaround is to install Java 6 update 26. If you have multiple JRE versions then from control panel (windows 7 and XP) select JAVA settings --> java tab --> click on view and enable only platform 1.6 product 1.6.0_26 and try it. other  way is to upgrade to next version.

Regards,

Krishna

1.2K Posts

August 28th, 2013 18:00

The issue you described happens for 7.6.3 or lower. 7.6.5 should have fixed this issue.

No Events found!