Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

RS

September 11th, 2015 05:00

NME backups are failing

NME backups are failing with below message

43708:nsrxchsv:Start time: Fri Sep 11 13:38:15 2015

43621:nsrxchsv:Computer Name: INCHLENTXM06 User Name: SYSTEM

73064:nsrxchsv:Version information for C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\bin\nsrxchsv.exe:

Original file name: nsrxchsv_ese.exe

Version: 5.1.3.359_QuickFix

Comments: Supporting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007

52702:nsrxchsv:System Version: 5.2 Build 3790 S

73064:nsrxchsv:Version information for C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\esebcli2.dll:

Original file name: ESEBCLI2.DLL

Version: 6.5.7638.1

Comments: Service Pack 2

28825:nsrxchsv:Unknown host DIRECT_ACCESS=No

46885:nsrxchsv:Backup operation finished with errors. No savetime was sent.

43709:nsrxchsv:Stop time: Fri Sep 11 13:38:15 2015

Backup server: LINUX Networker 8.0.1.6

Client : windows 2003 Networker version 7.4.3 and NME 5.1.3.

Any suggestion would be great?

14.3K Posts

September 11th, 2015 15:00

28825:nsrxchsv:Unknown host DIRECT_ACCESS=No

This seems to indicate that on client configuration you selected no direct access which is passed to module with switch which NME does not understand (you should use NMM instead).  Try to enable direct access (even if you don't use it) to see if that makes error go away, but in reality you might consider upgrade options for client side (check compatibility first).

September 13th, 2015 23:00

Hi Crvellin,

It will take time to test NMM.For Now NME is our option.Your suggestion helped me.

How do we configure the exchange 2003 backups for the clusters  in NME?

14.3K Posts

September 14th, 2015 01:00

It's been long time ago I worked with NME, but I assume it is in docs.  I assume you need to configure physical nodes and cluster nodes and have backups for Exchange to be configured to run over virtual node.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

September 14th, 2015 04:00

Or, you could use the NetWorker client configuration wizard. Again, the backup instance to be configured for the exchange backup is the virtual cluster host name.

1.7K Posts

September 14th, 2015 23:00

Hi sekaraj

First of all please note we are talking about some product versions no longer supported since few years now, so I would really urge you to updated to a supported version.

Second of all, as you have a very out of date version, some functionalities included in NW 8.x are not compatible with the client and module versions 7.4 and NME, so the reason for the failure in this case is that flag sent in the command for the DD backups, that's why you get the error "nsrxchsv:Unknown host DIRECT_ACCESS=No".

As already recommended by the fellow community menbers you should do this:

1.- Upgrade to NW client 8.0.x and NMM 2.3 (currently the only version that supported Exchange 2003, which is pretty obsolete as well).

2.- Note that with NMM you will NOT be able to restore backups taken with NME, so you will need to keep some spare server with NME installed to perform restores, as NME and NMM cannot coexist.

3.- If this is not possible at the moment (but note you WILL NEED to do it), then please check the box for "Data Domain backup" in the client configuration.

Note that the client wizard will NOT work in this case, as the binaries on the client side that are required for the wizard to work are not installed in that client/module versions.

My advice for the future is for you to check the compatibility guides before upgrading to a new version of NW server, to make sure that your clients can be backed up by that server version.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Carlos

September 22nd, 2015 03:00

Thanks  Carlos.Soon or later we won't backing up exchange.Just as intermittent solution we are trying to backup exchange 2003 using NME.Now the backups are running fine when we try to do the restore we are getting below message .

nsrxchrc:exchserver(3513) server distinguished name was not set.

nsrxchrc:CExchServer initialization error for (0x8000400)

Any advise?

1.7K Posts

September 25th, 2015 00:00

Hi sekaraj

This looks to me as some Active Directory issue with that Exchange server.

Can you check Application and System event logs on that Exchange server and see if you can gather more information?

Thank you,

Carlos

No Events found!