Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 20th, 2014 08:00

NMM 3.0 silent install not showing SQL Server app in NW server

Hi

I've been trying to manually install the NMM using a silent installation with the following parameters:

setup.exe /s /v"/qn /L*v """%TEMP%\NMMinstall.log""" ALLUSERS=1 VSSREG=0 REBOOT=S RCMPORT=6728 RMDPORT=6729 DORMINST=1 DORMINST_EXCH=0 DORMINST_VSS=1 DORMINST_SQL=1 ADDLOCAL=Proxy,Host,VSS,SQL" /w

Then when I go to the NW server, I attempt to add the client but I do not see the SQL Server app listed (only File Server). This is working for me when using the wizard to install the NMM.

I assume that I'm not doing something right but can't exactly find out what. I took a look at the install log and see that it says that the SQL module is installed for some reason when in fact it is not.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Guy

1.7K Posts

Hi Gwee,

Try running the following command:

C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\bin\nsrnmsqlra -i

Change the path if you have NMM installed on different path.

Thank you,

Carlos

5 Posts

Here is the output

43708:nsrnmsqlra:Start time: Thu Mar 20 17:56:31 2014

43621:nsrnmsqlra:Computer Name: WIN-EAV9BKVRT9U     User Name: Administrator

thanks.

1.7K Posts

March 20th, 2014 09:00

Hi,

That command is to register the SQL server as Remote Agent, so in other words, this will "enable" the client wizard to retrieve the SQL client options to configure the client.

I'm not sure if the Remote Agent is automatically registered by the silent install method, but looks like it doesn't, so if you use the silent install method again check if client wizard works, if it doesn't then just run the same command to register the Remote Agent manually.

Thank you,

Carlos

5 Posts

March 20th, 2014 09:00

wow that's weird.

only after i run that command it shows the SQL app. is that by design?

thanks!!

No Events found!