Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2018 00:00

NMM 9.2 DAG doesn´t find all mailboxdatabases

Hello,

we´re running Networker Server 9.2.1.1 on W2K12R2 and upgraded our Exchange Clients to NMM 9.2.
Since that Networker DAG Client isn´t able to find all MailboxDatabases and backup doesn´t work.

There are:

- 6 Exchange nodes (W2K8R2, Exchange 2010) holding several active/passive databases and 2 standalone databases

- 2 DAG Clients in Networker (1 for standalone backup, 1 for backup of passive databases)

- Federated backup was already configured in NMM 8.2

- nsrnmmsv -P working fine on all 6 Exchange nodes

When we use Client config wizard to update DAG Client we see only 8 instead of 24 mailboxdatabases.

When we start a backup we always get an error Messages:

"cannot process Argument Transformation on Parameter `identity`, cannot convert value `mailboxdatabase\Server` `didn´t find Server Name of Exchange Server". Parameter Name `identiy`

Any Suggestion would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Christian

155 Posts

April 26th, 2018 06:00

Give this a shot and share the results:

Login to one of the node out of 6 and run NMM Exchange Admin Configuration tool.

Click on Update admin Password and select the nodes which you want it to run on. Make sure you select all 6 nodes.

I am suspecting the password has not been synced on the ones which are holding passive copies for the missing DBs.

Trigger a Backup and let me know how it goes.

April 27th, 2018 05:00

Sorry,

I should have told the following before:

NMM Exchange admin configuration tool always fails with "user does not exist", even when we try to create a new user. So  neither we can update the existing user nor create a new one.

We have an existing user with all privileges to run NMM backup and recovery, config checker is ok with it and temporarily it had for the tool recommended Domain admin rights. So because we have that user (and it worked with 8.2, where we already had configured a DAG federated backup) we hoped we won´t need this admin config tool.

At least we had to take a step back to 8.2 to make Exchange backup working again, currently we have an EMC call open for it.

Regards,

Christian

155 Posts

April 28th, 2018 00:00

I have worked on upgrading NMM from 8.x to 9.x, running Exchange configuration admin tool is a must...Make sure you run it using a Domain Administrator ID as it does a lot of things in background like creating group if you select so....creating user....assigning permissions and so on.

May be when you resume working on 9.x, try running it from a domain administrator user.

No Events found!