Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

December 11th, 2010 21:00

NW-Avamar Query

Hello!

tried searching the archive, but could not find this one.

I have a query on the NW Avamar integration: We use NW aftd device to store the avamar metadata where the data goes directly to avamar node.

What is the way where we can recover the data from avamar node when we loose the NW AFTD?, say, the AFTD disk is lost and you dont have a clone/copy of that AFTD.

Is Avamar File system (browser based) recovery the way to recover ? or is there any other way?

Thanks

Ajay

78 Posts

December 13th, 2010 15:00

Hello Ajay,

It is best practices to clone the AFTD as restoring without it is not possible with NetWorker. That metadat is required. YOu still could ge the data back form the Avamar UI but it is less than simple. We recommend, like for any DR, to clone that AFTD.

There is an implementation guide on Powerlink that speaks about this in detail.

Let me know if you cannot find it and I'll post it here.

Cheers,
Steve

8 Posts

December 13th, 2010 20:00

thanks steve,

i did go through the "NetWorker with Avamar Deduplication Node Design and Implementation" guide.

But i was wondering a case of, may be, a rare bad implentation, where we have not cloned the AFTD. then what?

You mentioned some avamar UI method for this. is there a doc tht elaborates this situation where a customer can recover data directly from avamar having lost the AFTD?

if its too lengthy, then i will not stress on you to type it all here. I will just be happy to know that it is possible. I'll cross the bridge when i come to it!

Thanks

Ajay

No Events found!