Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 24th, 2012 23:00

NetWorker Module for Microsoft Applications Original Database size and Backup size is different

I am using NMM 2.3 with Networker 7.6 for perfoming Exchange 2010 DAG backup , found that the original database size and the data beeing backed up are in different size and there is a huge difference also

The 150GB of Exhcange Mailstore backup is completing successfully with 30-35 GB. And i am not able to restore the same too.

February 8th, 2013 02:00

The issue is becouse of Unsupported Windows features of NMM .

We have got many exchange DB and Logs , since Microsoft is having limitation with mount points, we had mounted the logs in links, without drive letter

since NMM wont support Backup of Microsoft applications, such as Exchange, configured with junction points,  (mklink/J), hard links (mklink/H), and soft links (mklink or mklink/D) backups are facing issues. But the same feature is supported by other backup softwares

1.7K Posts

November 26th, 2012 03:00

Hello,

Have you checked the size in Media DB?

Have you checked the indexes? Easy way would be to check in NMC->Media->Indexes->Client name

If you select the saveset, in the lower pane you will find the size, save time, status etc.

You need to find the full backups and its status, as maybe you are browsing incremental backups?

Thank you.

Carlos.

November 26th, 2012 20:00

No , i dont have any incremental backups, i am firing the Full backups everyday

The problem is Networker doesnt save complete data of DAG store , Suppose if my database is 150 GB , Backup got completed in 30GB, and i tried restoring the same  and its not working.

155 Posts

November 26th, 2012 23:00

Give nsrsnap_vss_save ? on all the physical servers for your DAG, This will give you a list of active and passive databases, cross verify whether you have specified alll the databases to be backed up.

1.7K Posts

November 27th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

I think you need to consider the data compression as well. What backup device are you using?

What error do you get when recovering data?

I believe that your restore issues are not related to this topic, but to be sure we would need more information.

Thank you.

Carlos.

November 27th, 2012 03:00

I dont have compression enabled for the same

For some echange store the backup is happening completely, for most the stores its save only 20% of the data and the group is getting success.

Even if i restore the same , the Store is not getting mounted, i tried  to mount the same from exchange also we tried many things from exhange side to make the restored database online.

Actually the issue with backup only, its doesnt save all the data , but not sure why the group is getting successeded.

But i could the logs backup is happening completetly

1.7K Posts

November 28th, 2012 00:00

Hi,

Could you please attach the nmm.raw from the client where the whole DB is not being backed up?

Could you also please let us know the name of the DB's no being backed up completely?

Thank you.

Carlos.

326 Posts

February 17th, 2013 18:00

Those are documented in NMM APP Guide as unsupported configs...probably you configured at first without reading them

No Events found!