Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 19th, 2010 12:00

NetWorker support for Novell OES2SP2 64bit OS

Hi

When will NetWorker support the 64bit OS of Novell OES2SP2? (SLES10SP3)

It currently supports X86 platforms only.

Also when will NetWorker natively support backup/recovery of the Extended attributes, without the need of utilising DSBK?

Thank you for your assistance with this.

Regards

Richard

15 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 13:00

Richard,

You should put in an official requst for support for x86_64 OES2 support.

Networker Client on Linux currently is able to backup both acls and xattrs on linux86 and linux on x86_64. This is true for all filesystems that are supported including NSS. The only time that there is an issue is if OES modifies that values that are set by Networker after it recovers a file. See Novell's Yes certification of networker for details.

Scott

June 2nd, 2010 14:00

We have raised this request with NetWorker product managmeent, and as a support request. To provide extra focus I placed the request on here.

Support came back with this statement;

"Upon enquiring ,I cant give you a correct date however ,all I can do for you is keep you in my contact list and post the next compatibility guide"

I appreciate your input over this.

Regards

Richard

15 Posts

June 3rd, 2010 08:00

Richard,

You should ask for a 'Request for Product Qualification' (RPQ) through your sales team. This will put your formal request into EMC and ensure that you are listed as a customer needing this support.

The other place to ask for this is from Novell, they have YES certified OES with NetWorker on x86 and should also do this for x86_64.

Scott

No Events found!