Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2014 07:00

Networker scheduling question

Hello, we currently run level 4 backups at 3hr intervals during the day with Full backups on Thurs evenings and Sunday. I need to change the schedule to run level 4 backups during the day (3hr intervals) then Full Backups every night. I created a custom schedule with level 4 Mon-Wed, Fri, Sat and another schedule for the Thur, Sunday Full backups. The level 4 run in their own groups and the Full run in their own groups.

Yesterday was the first day to run full backup every night so I went to each group and changed the level 4 to Full Every Day and changed the interval from 3:00 to 24:00. then this morning went back to each group and changed back to level 4 interval 3:00.

Is there way I can achieve my goal of running level 4 backups during the day at 3hr intervals and running Full Backups during the evening without me having to do the mentioned task every day before I leave and every morning when I get in?

Thank You,

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

August 19th, 2014 07:00

Snowcat,

Well, this is not possible using the NetWorker schedule resource. But you could create a script that would change the setting on the schedule and group as desired.

2.4K Posts

August 19th, 2014 09:00

Of course this is possible ... with some ristrictions. This is how i would do it:

1. Create groups like this:

0800_INT_2400_L4

1100_INT_2400_L4

1400_INT_2400_L4

1700_INT_2400_L4

2000_INT_2400_FULL

The names specify start time, interval and group level (btw - using the same level will de-facto result in an incremental schedule).

2. Make the client(s) a member of all these groups.

The only issue would be that you will also create incrementals every single day. But i guess this is something you could accept. If not,you can also create a 'L4' (incr) and a 'full' group,disable them and start them using an external scheduler.

7 Posts

August 20th, 2014 07:00

Thanks for your reply. I may end up going this route as it is the only solution using the scheduler.

No Events found!